Forecasting UFC 301-308

Wonderboy is the only fight I want to see for MVP to be honest sir.

It would be criminal if they didn't make that fight, IMO. That fight just screams real life video game/movie violence, sir.

It would be criminal if they didn't make that fight, IMO. That fight just screams real life video game/movie violence, sir.

2 dynamic strikers at the end of their careers that still have good stuff in them....yeah definitely would be criminal not to make that one.

I don't see any reason they won't, but we all know they're not the smartest people out there sir lol.

If they're trying to push MVP, they're not going to feed him to a high-level wrestler.
That's a fair point, but I'm not sure Marty is the same wrestler anymore. And the #1 next to his name makes it worth it.

Pushing & relying on MVP are 2 different things. If he loses its no big deal because they have Garry, JDM, Shavkat, & Brady on the come-up. The MVP push is basically house-money.

2 dynamic strikers at the end of their careers that still have good stuff in them....yeah definitely would be criminal not to make that one.

I don't see any reason they won't, but we all know they're not the smartest people out there sir lol.
They're friends who have stated multiple times they don't want to fight each other. Plus it could very well turn into a dud where both bounce out of range every time the other hops into range.

They're friends who have stated multiple times they don't want to fight each other. Plus it could very well turn into a dud where both bounce out of range every time the other hops into range.

This "friend" thing is for the birds in MMA sir.
If you were really my friend you'd know that fighting you is the only thing that I would want in that circumstance.
Combat between brothers has been happening since time didn't exist.

Oh well, I've said my piece of pie lol

That's what I was thinking, it would be a sparring session.

U don't think Alexa/she is main eventing 302? Interesting

I would never book a title fight for SLC. You never know who it might affect really badly. But people like Usman, Justin, Rose, and other fighters that live and train at higher altitudes definitely have an advantage.

And if fights don’t end early. There’s a good chance they’ll end up sucking.
Usman got KTFO in SLC so it'll always have a special place in my heart.

Usman got KTFO in SLC so it'll always have a special place in my heart.
Yes, I knew that also. But, the fight was a minute away from being a 49-46 borefest for Usman. The only interesting round was the first.

I still don’t want to see big fights there.

Going by MVP's last interview, he isn't closed to the idea completely but would just rather not. I don't think they are that close of friends. I also don't mind a high level striking "stand-off" kind of fight, it always comes with the anticipation of when they will explode, it'll likely be spectacular.

But it was just an example. I think any striker will be a more safe bet for the UFC to get them to showcase MVP's super fan friendly style with. Usman might not be the wrestler he once was, but MVP's grappling isn't the best anyway. It's still a very risky fight and could snuff out the excitement from one of the most exciting guys and kinda ruin the UFC's newly acquired asset, who they undoubtedly have big plans for and possibly want him to fight Leon ASAP. They might just give him Poatan levels of Dana White privilege, who knows?

And again seems to me Usman's plans have been 185, meaning he probably isn't anywhere near the weight he would want to be to go down to 170 again. And the weight cutting is only getting harder the older he gets. And what would do it for Usman if he beats MVP? MVP won't be ranked that highly and it's still a very risky fight that could make him look really bad if he can't get his hands on MVP.

UFC 301, Brazil (May 4th):
Pantoja vs ???
Costa vs Dolidze
Michel vs Curtis
Smith vs Petrino*
Barralho vs Craig*
*Booked

UFC 302, Newark (June 1st):
Leon vs Belal
Shavkat vs JDM
(winners fight in DEC)

UFC FN, Saudi (June 22nd):
Khamzat vs Cannonier
Aliskerov vs Fluffy
Sharaputin vs RoboCop

UFC 303, Vegas (June 29th):
Aspinall vs Blaydes 2
Islam vs Poirier
Gane vs Pavlovich
Sandhagen vs Umar
Natalia vs Cortez

UFC FN, UK (July 20th)
MVP vs Usman
Paddy vs Dober
Royval vs Mokaev
Allen vs Emmett

UFC 304, Salt-Lake (July 27th):
DDP vs Adesanya
Garry vs Colby (5 rounds)
Yan vs Figgy

UFC 305, Perth (August 17th):
Topuria vs Volk 2
Strickland vs Whittaker
Hooker vs Dariush

UFC FN France, (SEP 7th):
Imavov vs Hermanson
St Denis vs RDA

UFC 306, The Sphere (SEP 14th):
Jones vs Stipe
Grasso vs Shevchenko 3
Ortega vs Evloev

UFC 307, Abu Dhabi (OCT 19th):
Islam vs Charles/Arman/Justin
Men's 125 Title Fight

UFC 308, MSG (NOV 9th):
Pereira/Hill vs Ankalaev
O'Malley vs Merab

I wish you were the actual matchmaker for the UFC. So many bangers and fights that make sense.

UFC 306, The Sphere (SEP 14th):
Jones vs Stipe
Grasso vs Shevchenko 3
Ortega vs Evloev
Wait you think Jon Jones is going to headline the Mexican Independence Day card against a Stipe.

Huh???? How does that make sense?

I would never book a title fight for SLC. You never know who it might affect really badly. But people like Usman, Justin, Rose, and other fighters that live and train at higher altitudes definitely have an advantage.

And if fights don’t end early. There’s a good chance they’ll end up sucking.

Speaking of SLC, I’m kind of bummed that they’re going back there for the third year in a row for a PPV but haven’t come back to Chicago since 2019. What’s the appeal for SLC over a city they’ve been consistently coming to throughout the 2010’s?
I think SLC is paying them a large site fee to bring title fights there

Updated version:

UFC 301, Brazil (May 4th):
Pantoja vs Erceg*
Costa vs Usman
Michel vs Dolidze
Smith vs Petrino*
Barralho vs Craig*
Barboza vs Caceres

*Booked

UFC 302, Newark (June 1st):
Islam vs Poirier