Opinion For the richest man in the world Elon Musk acts pretty dumb

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Advertisers are fleeing Twitter, he's threatening them and accusing them of blackmail. But it's not blackmail for someone to stop paying you money because you said controversial things they don't want to be associated with.

His social media addiction is hurting his own business. He's been constantly tweeting cringe for a while and now he's sharing conspiracies about Jewish people and racist memes. Doesn't he understand he's representing Twitter everytime he tweets? He should have expected advertisers to flee.

If you rely primarily on advertising you need to publicly portray yourself as someone advertisers want to work with. And step one should be to not tweet your every day thoughts and refrain from saying controversial things in public. This is common business sense that pretty much every CEO practices. How does someone ignorant of that become the richest man in the world? Unless for some reason he wants Twitter to go under and is purposefully killing it.

I don't think anyone knows what he's doing on that front including himself. It certainly seems like he's alienating the Tesla customer base with his rhetoric while burning twitter to the ground.

But I think he's still the richest guy alive until investors realize tesla has neither the capital, revenue, or IP to justify it's price. So he can pretty much continue to do what he wants.

It does seem like a mix of being a billionaire, a media personality, and an acquaintance of Dave Chappelle will lead to some kind of a metal breakdown or crisis, cause Elon's not the first.

Alpha energy lolololol

you right wing dorks are delusional.

210119080433-02-rachel-levine.jpg

leftwing alphas

u6nmj5n4w3h91.jpg

To the extent that these advertisers are pulling out because organizations like.media matters or the adl are advocating them to, and they are abiding by that, I think Elon has a right to call out that bullshit. Its probably short sighted from a business perspective but conceding to these organizations would likely bother Elon more.

Advertisers are fleeing Twitter, he's threatening them and accusing them of blackmail. But it's not blackmail for someone to stop paying you money because you said controversial things they don't want to be associated with.

His social media addiction is hurting his own business. He's been constantly tweeting cringe for a while and now he's sharing conspiracies about Jewish people and racist memes. Doesn't he understand he's representing Twitter everytime he tweets? He should have expected advertisers to flee.

If you rely primarily on advertising you need to publicly portray yourself as someone advertisers want to work with. And step one should be to not tweet your every day thoughts and refrain from saying controversial things in public. This is common business sense that pretty much every CEO practices. How does someone ignorant of that become the richest man in the world? Unless for some reason he wants Twitter to go under and is purposefully killing it.
Why are advertisers fleeing from X? Is it because theyre mad at his tweets or are they seeing pressure from their shareholders, or an external group like media matters?

Dana White said the same thing when his advertisers tried getting him to censor as well.
Dana hasn't been controversial in a long time. You'll never see him being racist and he went woke a long time ago when he integrated women into the sport.

The only reason why the left agrees with censorship is because it censors thoughts and opinions that they don't agree with.

This isn't an example of censorship. If Elon is posting racist shit as the face of Twitter no company is obligated to give money to him.

Elon himself is pro censorship, he has deleted tweets on behalf of foreign governments more often than the previous owners did. That's censorship. Companies not giving you money isn't.

Dana hasn't been controversial in a long time. You'll never see him being racist and he went woke a long time ago when he integrated women into the sport.

This isn't an example of censorship. If Elon is posting racist shit as the face of Twitter no company is obligated to give money to him.

Elon himself is pro censorship, he has deleted tweets on behalf of foreign governments more often than the previous owners did. That's censorship. Companies not giving you money isn't.

If an advertiser is attempting to control content on your platform, that is censorship.

They have every right to ask to censor and they have every right to pull their sponsorship legally if their demands aren't met.

It's not a question of legality but a question of right and wrong. I don't like censorship. I don't like the right or left being censored. If Elon started censoring trans affirming Tweets, I'd be just as pissed off as I was when Twitter was censoring covid or Hunter Biden tweets.

Back