For those of you who were watching since the beginning who was your favorite fighter in the mid 90's

Dan Severn was always my favorite and he still is until this day. Severn is the GOAT for me, first UFC champ champ, tournament champ and superfight champ. First real legit wrestler in UFC. over 100 wins in MMA. An absolute gentleman and very nice guy in person, seen him fight several times in local MMA events, he is a pure gentleman.

Dh1qKz4X4AAm-zZ.jpg

I remember renting the VHS tapes from Blockbuster in the olden days. Royce was my favorite in the beginning.

Blockbuster was the shit. Never forget

<{monica}>

Also Frye for me, also liked Rizzo a lot too and Randleman because I went to OSU for pharm school!

I remember 19 year old Vitor Belfort's debut. Smoking everyone with lightning fast hands.

Don Frye for sure. He was the most well-rounded guy along with Ruas, and his fights were always exciting.

My friends and I always loved Tank. I also liked Coleman, Frye, Severn.

We thought Royces first victory was a fluke and the 2nd time cheered for Pat Smith since he was a local guy. Oleg was one of the first fighters I remember becoming a fan of and after that it was Mo Smith and Frank Shamrock. I was never a fan of
ken Shamrock but came to appreciate Tank after a bit because he made us laugh with his stupid comments and insults.

I started training after falling in love in the 90’s. I had Kenpo/Kickboxing and jiu-jitsu to choose from and chose the first due to favs Keith Hackney and also Pat Smith (at the time), also Maurice Smith. I loved the strikers that made it work in NHB.

I later got into grappling and been doing it ever since. Never regret doing ten years of striking first though.

Back