For those who picked Khabib

Khabib should be able to take him down at least once a round. Neither of these guys have great cardio. Competent, but not great compared to their peers. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Khabib win a decision.

Khabib might get tagged a few times, but I think its more likely he can out wrestle Conor than him getting put out cold with a big shot.

Conor has a punchers chance. I don't think its casting aspersions on the guy to say that, he's a subpar wrestler fighting one of the best wrestlers in the sport. That is a tough setup.

70/30 Khabib by out wrestling him. If its a stoppage, it'll be late, or a lopsided decision.

If Conor lands a KO he can win, I can't see him winning a decision.

McGregor is going to march across that octagon from the bell and pressure Khabib, back him up, make him hesitant. Khabib better pray he can take a few and that he can find away to survive the immense pressure that Conor puts on everyone he has faced.

Khabib jabs Conor to death (AKA, death by a thousand jabs).

Khabibs gonna smash like hulk. Conor has one slight chance if the stars line up perfectly and khabibs chin isnt az strong as it seems to be. So not likely ar all. Khabib has a better game in all aspects except striking. Khabibs striking is better than conors grappling. Its underrated as fuk and conor is going to have a long night of getting punched in the head.

Great thread. And original. As long as someone gets ko..tko..subd..im happy.

For those who picked Khabib, how do you see the fight playing out? Do you see the momentum shift a lot in this fight? How do you feel it will go early on?
Low singles fired all night, scrambles to waistlock, and kicks caught or use to close the distance. Percentage won't be great but Conor can't avoid all. And then the smeshing.

If Conor has a lot of success early in round 2 and or 3, expect Khabib to take a sub if it presents itself, having already finished Conor enough and said what he needed to say.

Tentative few minutes, Conor lands a couple, Khabib gets the TD and straight mauls him till the bell.
2nd round early TD by Khabib who mauls conor again and gets him to give up his back then gets fairly quickly tkoed by Khabib GNP with hooks in.

Level of confidence.
$20 on Khabib at $1.67
$20 on khabib in the 2nd at $6.50
$40 on khabib by KO at $4.50
$40 on khabib and Lentz by KO at $27.72

We don't need champs like Conor who refused to defend 2 belts (not even going to argue that he undeservingly got to fight for the 155 title) and use his wife's pregnancy as an excuse to not defend while doing everything in his power to make a cash grab in a boxing match while ignoring his responsibility as a MMA champ.

We need more champs like Woodley. Takes on all comers no problem.

Poor you.

3rd round submission. I think Conor tags him early but it doesn't affect him. Then the beat down begins

Comparing the guy who never gassed with the guy that gasses on second round.

<{ByeHomer}>

Conor didn’t gas against Nate that’s absolute nonsense. He was literally hurling bombs right up until he got wobbled from a hard 1-2. Then he got bullied to the cage and eats big knees to his belly.

Getting wrecked isn’t gassing.

Khabib has competent but not great cardio. He literally takes coffee breaks in his fights and coasts. That’s why he hasn’t finished lots of guys he’s far more skilled then.

Both these guys have average cardio.

I expect a slow first round, both fighters will be hesitant. Conor is a counterpuncher so don’t expect him to come out like Mike Tyson.
Conor is not a counter puncher in the traditional way like an Anderson Silva.He is an aggressive counter puncher, he uses his offense to draw out the opponent's reaction and counter it.There is a huge difference between a counter puncher and what Connor does.

Conor fanboys are a weird bunch. They complain about having a boring champ like Khabib and Woodley but are perfectly ok with a champ who disappears after winning a title and comes back only after getting stripped.

It's ALMOST like they aren't really interested in watching MMA at all!

<{MindBrown}>

I’ll do u one better. I’m a Diaz fan.

I had khabib right up until I made my picks then went Conor KO last minute. Something about the big events and Conor. Would like to see a 3-2 either way though

For those who picked Khabib, how do you see the fight playing out? Do you see the momentum shift a lot in this fight? How do you feel it will go early on?
Khabib will get hit , show no effects from Conor's power and proceed to man handle him , in round 3 , it will be stopped

Conor will be graceful in defeat yet the haters will find a way to twist it to a negative

Khabib will be deafeted by father time because he would need to fight due to him not generating serious money

Conor will be fat and rich

Endeavour will ask Conor to come back and fight for them at age 40 , to save the UFC from bankruptcy

The Fertitias will buy back the UFC for 5 million and the cycle continues

I think Conor will resist for two rounds, even clip Khabib once or twice. I fear the last three rounds will be ugly and pure dominance for Khabib.

The ref will be a huge factor. Will he(herb dean?) stand them up too soon and too often or will he let Khabib work.

Do you see Khabib committing with punches intelligently or do you see him utilizing fakes and feints?

He'll wait for mcgregor to jab or miss a punch and immediately clinch and pin him against the cage. He will get a takedown, g&p, rinse and repeat for 5 rounds or conor gives up his neck to get subbed.

Khabib takes him down relatively easy and mauls him. Yeah, McG could tag him on the way in, but I don’t think it will slow him down much.

People really think Conor didn't work on his ground game for this fight like Ngannou did vs Stipe lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back