News Former chief adviser to Prime Minister Boris Johnson advises Nate Diaz not to sign new UFC deal

Is there a way to get out of a ufc contract without being cut? Can it expire ? I know they can offer fights and sometimes that counts to extend the contract. Does Nate have any options at all?
My guess is get your ass kicked badly like 3xs in a row, i.e., Woodley. The UFC wants you to be worthless on the FA market.

The problem for Diaz is that he looks good when he gets his ass kicked, and I don’t think it’s grounds to get him cut.

On the flip side, the UFC brand holds weight, and the UFC doesn’t want someone who has benefitted from there brand making more money outside of their agency. Woodley fought Paul because he was a UFC champ, and not a Bellator champ.

Nate should not sign new deal. Finish his last fight and go after a very lucrative Jake Paul fight. Thats where he makes the most money

This 100%

Nate is a name that the Pauls would jump at the chance to fight.
Not to mention he's 36. Fuck the UFC, get that Paul bros money and retire happy.

How is the uk doing now? I remember them making it seem like it was the end of times cause that's how the media loves to spin and portray things.

Hard to respect an advisor that started brexit

considering brexit was a huge win one can not deny this guy's ability to spot a shit deal.

UFC likely isn't giving him Conor, Or Luque unless he signs an extension. He's on his last fight. So highly doubt they give him a marquee match on his way out the door. If he continues to not sign an extension I expect the UFC is likely offering him fights he dosen't care about under the assumption he'll decline allowing them to extend the time duration off his contract as all they're obligated to do is offer him 3 arbitrary fights a year to hold up their end. And if he does happen to accept one of those whatever fights to end his contract, then it's not going to be a fight that lets him leave the company with tons of hype and fanfare.

This just goes to show how unfair/exploitative the UFC contracts are. If this is legal then the law is wrong. There's literally no way out of these...

This just goes to show how unfair/exploitative the UFC contracts are. If this is legal then the law is wrong. There's literally no way out of these...
I mean there is a way out, he just has to accept a fight that likely isn't going to do much for him outside of what his contracted show money is. They're obligated to offer him 3 yearly. Nate just has a history of saying no to stuff he deems not worth his time and seems to be rather picky with match making. So if they're hedging on him saying no to try and keep him on the books they'll offer him nobodies in fights that probably aren't well positioned on a card. Or Nate can just call the bluff and say yes, fight, and he's home free to go fight in triller or whatever it is he wants to do because he only has the 1 fight left on his contract to my understanding. The way the whole independent contractor label is abused in both MMA and wrestling is definitely a topic for discussion. But Nate absolutely has an out here if he really wants it.

Did anyone get a comment from Steve Bannon? Perhaps he'd weigh in on this?

Back