Former IBF (SMW) and WBC (LHW) Champ Rocchigiani dies in car-crash

Buffmeister

RINYA NAKAMURA
@Black
Reaction score
Some of you might be familiar with him...some might not.
image.jpg
image.jpg
But i think it should be metioned, that he died on spot, after he got hit by a Smart in Italy...he was 54yrs old.

Graciano 'Rocky' Rocchigiani had recollected himself and his family life after having a lot of trouble in the past...former wife...law and so on...
Having a new girl in Italy and 2 daughters with her...he was also involved of getting kids of the streets and giving them opportunities to recollected their lives...with help of his boxing programm...

Police reports say...that he was walking around (on his way home)near by a very busy street (at around mid-night) in Belpasso, which has no lights and is kinda known for speeding...and got hit by a Smart, dying on the spot.
Right now, the police is assuming that he was drunk and didn't realize where he was going...

All i can say is RIP to one of hell of a guy...a true character and a very good boxer!

He finished his career with a record of: 41-6-1 ...becoming a 2x world champion at SMW and LHW...

He is also known for winning a Law suit against the WBC...that got him $31mil ...but only got awarded around $4.5 mil...otherwise the WBC might have went bankrupt.
I don't think he saw a lot of those 4.5 either...

The article here is in german...so it won't help you guys a lot...
https://m.bild.de/sport/mehr-sport/...ragischem-unfall-aus-57624866.bildMobile.html

But here is his wiki page:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graciano_Rocchigiani

Last edited:
RIP champ. I remember him and that mess with the Jones Jr. fight that never happened.

I feel bad for not knowing who he is but it sucks that he was walking but still died anyway.

I remember Eubank going over to Germany to fight this guy when nobody else would, and eeked out a win

I remember his name, i don't think i ever saw him fight.

Fuck, that's awful. He was pretty much one of the top names in Europe when I started fighting myself. Watched a bunch of his fights during my first years in boxing. Followed his career, and although I was never a huge "fan" as such it's definitely sad and surprising to see him go so soon. RIP.

Back