Former lineal cruiserweight champion weighed 135 lbs early in his pro career

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Puerto Rican Carlos De Leon.

Carlos De Legend more like.

He was only 17 when he weighed 135 lbs so he wasn't done growing, but it's still impressive.

Last edited:
Right on, makes me think of George Carpentier, competed from Flyweight to Heavyweight. Won the Light Heavyweight world title and Heavyweight european title. Didn't quite attain the world heavyweight title though.

It obviously isn’t in the same league but ezzard Charles ended up at hw for monetary reasons.

How are you guys forgetting the living legend former 147lbs. and 154lbs. contender, former 200lbs. champ and current WBA #10 ranked heavyweight...Guillermo Jones!!!!

WBA
1. Fres Oquendo
2. Alexander Povetkin
3. Christian Hammer
4. Jarrell Miller
5. Kubrat Pulev
6. Trevor Bryan
7. Dillian Whyte
8. Alexander Ustinov
9. BJ Flores
10. Guillermo Jones
11. Otto Wallin
12. Bryant Jennings
13. Charles Martin
14. Johann Duhaupas
15. Kyotaro Fujimoto

How are you guys forgetting the living legend former 147lbs. and 154lbs. contender, former 200lbs. champ and current WBA #10 ranked heavyweight...Guillermo Jones!!!!

WBA
1. Fres Oquendo
2. Alexander Povetkin
3. Christian Hammer
4. Jarrell Miller
5. Kubrat Pulev
6. Trevor Bryan
7. Dillian Whyte
8. Alexander Ustinov
9. BJ Flores
10. Guillermo Jones
11. Otto Wallin
12. Bryant Jennings
13. Charles Martin
14. Johann Duhaupas
15. Kyotaro Fujimoto
Pulev had better not see that list or heads will roll.

WBA
1. Fres Oquendo
2. Alexander Povetkin
3. Christian Hammer
4. Jarrell Miller
5. Kubrat Pulev
6. Trevor Bryan
7. Dillian Whyte
8. Alexander Ustinov
9. BJ Flores
10. Guillermo Jones
11. Otto Wallin
12. Bryant Jennings
13. Charles Martin
14. Johann Duhaupas
15. Kyotaro Fujimoto

His fight vs Lebedev was brutal, I was shocked by the beatdown given, and how he walked through Lebedevs punches. Granted, he has failed a number of piss tests.

Langford beat Gans at LW and Wills at HW.

WBA
1. Fres Oquendo
2. Alexander Povetkin
3. Christian Hammer
4. Jarrell Miller
5. Kubrat Pulev
6. Trevor Bryan
7. Dillian Whyte
8. Alexander Ustinov
9. BJ Flores
10. Guillermo Jones
11. Otto Wallin
12. Bryant Jennings
13. Charles Martin
14. Johann Duhaupas
15. Kyotaro Fujimoto

I remember watching Jones fighting Boudouani for the WBA 154 belt like twenty years ago.

I remember watching Jones fighting Boudouani for the WBA 154 belt like twenty years ago.
I remember that too, great fight between Jones and the French Arturo Gatti

Roberto Duran is probably up there for a question like this. Since his pro debut I think was at like bantamweight or something absurd like that and he found up to light heavyweight.

And it's probably something absurd that he beat people that won world titles from featherweight to light heavyweight except maybe he never beat someone who was a junior lightweight or junior welter title holder.

Last edited:
I remember that too, great fight between Jones and the French Arturo Gatti

Boudouani was a fun fighter indeed. Lots of pop. Terrible cardio at the beginning of his career that earned him 2 KO losses against journeymen, though. Lost his last pro fight to David Reed in a lackluster performance, I think he was injured or something.

His wrecking of Julio Cesar Vasquez was one hell of a knockout.

Back