• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Former UFC champ Eddie just got destroyed by some random dude in One FC

he faced a good boxer with take down defence. gee i wonder why he lost

I think you guys are forgetting that Eddie's 35 in a division that has few if any contenders aged 34 and over.
In ONE or the UFC? Top 10/Contenders right? Well, the UFC has Ferguson, Cerrone, and Felder in the top 10, all 34 or older. Plus, every other fighter at LW in the top 10 beside two fighters, is 30 or older. ONE has Folayang, Aoki, Sexton, and Ando all 34 or older plus in the top 10. Pang is over 40 and in the top 10. Plus Ting and Nastyukhin, are 30 or older. For ONE, that is 7 out if it's top 10, while the UFC has 8 out of it's top 10, 30 or older with 3 in the UFC of the top 10 being 34 or older, and 5 in ONE of the top 10 being 34 or older.

Anyone who saw this fight when it was announced and didn't think Timofey had a great chance of beating Eddie either knew nothing about Nastyukhin other than he was coming off a loss, or saw his fights but were so blinded by their anti-ONE bias that they refused to fairly rate his chances and labeled this a "major upset", and have to deeply question everything about Alvarez' psychological state to moralize his loss.
Is it really that surprising that a strong kickboxer with one-punch knockout power who's been training for years in Thailand was able to knock out Eddie Alvarez? I had the fight like 50/50 from the beginning. It'd be the same thing if Nastyukhin fought Gaethje or Cerrone or Barboza.

It's also weird how many people think ONE came out behind with Eddie losing. Timofey's one of their guys and is gonna be for a long time. Him winning was a major image-improvement for the entire ONE roster.

that then makes gathje and porrier look really bad. which makes basically half the UFC lightweight roster look bad

It's funny how under ONE rules, Poirier-Alvarez I would have been a TKO for Eddie.

Last edited:
Fair play. I didn't actually know they were based in Singapore, just thought I remembered reading that they were Chinese.

My point still stands though. Not every asian mma org is Japanese, as the majority of posters in this thread don't seem to understand.

That’s because they’re ignorant as fuck.

That's irrelevant ....

Not if you're citing Holloway to buttress Conor's legacy.

He was nowhere near the same fighter back then.

Conor wasn't as good either.

That fight was about as meaningful as Jacare/Mousasi 1.

I wonder if Mark Henry is gonna give the same kudos to Timofey, that he did with Conor, stating that hes the best MMA boxer of all time and could probably beat FMJ, before he got carried in the money grab by both.

Maybe unbeknownst to us casual fans, Mark Henry will share insider revelations that Timofey hits harder than Golovkin and stronger than Alvarez.
Im pretty sure he's one of the best striking coaches in MMA, but some of the dumb shit he's said in the past makes Teddy Atlas look like an impartial Nostradamus.

In all seriousness, I think Eddie will do better in One. Surprised he got manhandled thumped in the first though.
Barboza and Alvarez will be back, but not a good weekend for that New Jersey Team.

Last edited:
Top 5 UFC Lightweight steamrolled by a mid-level One FC guy.

Seriously, Timofey isn't even highly regarded by ONE standards

He isn't highly regarded by russian standarts either. Champions and contenders in russian promotions are way better than this guy.

He basically fought a WW since LW can weigh up to 169. Eddie should drop to FW at ONE or get his head in the game.

Guy he fought looked a weight class bigger + on special supplements.. most of the fighters in ONE seem fast and explosive, where as a lot of UFC guys are sluggish from major weight cuts and no picograms. I wouldnt be surprised if DJ gets upset too.

I watched the DJ/Yuya fight. No way that dude is 125. It looked like DJ was fighting a FW. And you could tell in the scrambles that he was alot stronger and explosive than DJ

But beating bigger dudes is pretty much standard practice for Mighty Mouse

Look at Vera and Askren's opponents and overall ease of winning....it ain't the first thing you said. I think Eddie's getting pretty well past his prime and it was an "anything can happen" moment in MMA.

ONE at lightweight and below is legit, they also have the makings of a decent welterweight division (despite losing Askren).

Above welterweight? There is about 10 fighters combined.

It's crazy after the fight before the co-main event, Timofey was just standing at the One Championship merchandise table on his phone either waiting to buy something, but he was with a blonde Russian chick.

Back