Media Former UFC Standout Yoel Romero Loses Opponent

Polizzi is a far more formidable opponent than Manhoef in 2022 anyway. So this is good.

You can tell when this thread got moved over to the worldwide because it went from everyone thinking Melvin was replaced with a bum to everyone thinking it's a better matchup.

I actually think Yoel is going to be a tough ask for Polizzi but he's a solid fighter and a great short notice replacement.

You can tell when this thread got moved over to the worldwide because it went from everyone thinking Melvin was replaced with a bum to everyone thinking it's a better matchup.

I actually think Yoel is going to be a tough ask for Polizzi but he's a solid fighter and a great short notice replacement.
He should win tbh, Alex is the same size as a MW, and only has one course of action coupled with awful striking defense.

He should win tbh, Alex is the same size as a MW, and only has one course of action coupled with awful striking defense.
He's going to have a hell of a time imposing his wrestling game on Yoel. He could squeeze out a decision with pace, volume, toughness and grit but that's really his only path. Still more of a path then Manhoef, honestly.

Dude honestly thinking about it, Polizzi is one of the toughest dudes I ever seen in mma. Between that flying knee and that 15 minute ass whooping he took, that dude is tough as nails.

Dude honestly thinking about it, Polizzi is one of the toughest dudes I ever seen in mma. Between that flying knee and that 15 minute ass whooping he took, that dude is tough as nails.

He survived the same type of strikes from Yoel that put Rockhold's lights out. Polizzi would fuck up a lot of legit UFC MW/LHWs to be honest.

Back