Media Former World Champion Matt Hughes Appears to be Suffering From Very Serious Brain Damage

Wow, Baroni, Victoria Lee, and now this. It's only january 8th, jeez.

people speculate he was trying to die due to nothing being there where he got hit to obstruct his view . if that was the case he would have tried again. Imo especially with life being so much worse now and medical expenses and what its done to his family. hes still here. i dont think he wanted out. he was likely exhausted or distracted by something and it really was an accident. if he had music going or a loud truck there is a chance he thought he could beat the train or simply never saw it coming. freak accidents happen. truck could have stalled out on the track. could have been something like sleep walking, cte related, sleep deprived related. could have been sick or something that day. whats his eye sight and hearing like? its all speculation but the people who say it looks like he was trying to die i think thats the least likely.

anyone here ever had to wake up and drive to work completely exhausted and when you finally get there you can't remember the drive? a lot of factors make driving unsafe if you think you are always at 100% you're wrong.

i honestly think they need to ban cars all together. seems like they are nothing but problems. consider your self lucky if you've never been in an accident. not only are there many factors that could make you a worse driver on any given day there are a lot of people out there who you'd never imagine how bad they are at driving yet have a license.

buy your self a bike, slap a dildo on the seat and ride on. at least if you fall off that you are doing it in style
I read he sued the railroad company later, but I was too lazy to find more informations.

Whoever does that should be permanently banned.

This is so sad to see. Matt is a legend. As someone already said, we should all be happy he got alive from that accident. I wish him all the best and lets all hope he recovers. Also, someone recently posted an interview with Garry Goodridge where it appears that he is getting a lot better. Is it possible to recover from such injuries ?
You realize why they have to add that warning right? He was a terrible human being so A LOT of people don’t like him and will go after him when they can. Myself included. But I’ll leave it at that.

also he’s been like this for like a decade so not sure why everybody is acting all surprised

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

We knew this like years ago and he is actually doing better . I wish him full recovery. Let’s not start the new year with sad things

Damn, growing up watching the UFC there was a point where Matt Hughes was invincible. After he destroyed Gracie I remember a lot of people didnt think there was anyone that could beat him. It really makes you realize everything can cahnge in an instant. Damn.

I don't know much about the situation, but I don't think brain damage is the right word. Matt's motor skills are obviously still affected by the accident, but he doesn't sound like he is mentally impaired.

I still don't get how this happened. He drow his car over a trail way and a train came ? In Germany the barrier starts going down and making sounds. Was it his fault ? Man we all gon die anyways. Can't think of encouraging things to say. Matt was an apsolutely great fighter and champion. Wishing him happynes

Difficult to see. Hope he is able to lead a decent life from here on.

Its an invisible disease. People cant see it. Its like having a mental illness except there's no pills or counseling that can help.

It quite literally is your soul being damaged

i never seen someone as small as he was as strong as he was. i remember watching him when i was a kid and it blew my mind. it didn't even seem real how he was slamming and manhandling dudes so easily. i don't think there has ever been a grappler that overwhelmingly powerful since in MMA. it was like a welterweight who had the strength of a heavyweight.

Back