Foundation on Apple+

Cool Hand Luke

Shit-Coin Master
Pink
Reaction score
Tried searching for a thread but that doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone watched thr first season?

Thoughts?

i am also interested... i like silo on aplle plus

Watched it without any knowledge of source material. Felt it was kinda borderline. I had to keep watching to see what happens to the main character with the small boobs. Her face was good. They barely showed back sideboob. The scenery was good. Would watch season 2. There's an official supplemental podcast on Apple podcasts where they discuss each episode.

Didn't read the books season 1 was worth watching. Don't have apple+ now my trial expired and have too many streaming services as it is.

First season was great. The emperor is one of the best villains on TV.

This scene was one of the most gangster scenes ever.

Tried searching for a thread but that doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone watched thr first season?

Thoughts?
It's a disgrace to the books. Production value is fantastic. Direction, in particular which scenes and character experiences it chooses to focus on, is poor. The screenwriting is godawful. Acting is uneven, with some weak, many strong, and some just phoning it in like otherwise great Jared Harris. This includes uneveness within individual performances themselves (ex. T'Nia Miller is awful in one scene, fantastic in the next).

Lee Pace is the lone, true standout. He is so terribly wasted on this adaptation. I only imagine how good it could be with him as Day if they properly adapted the material. He's phenomenal.

Lee Pace is the lone, true standout. He is so terribly wasted on this adaptation. I only imagine how good it could be with him as Day if they properly adapted the material. He's phenomenal.

Pretty much the main reason I watch the show. Salvor Hardin is the worst on that show. I can't stand her story and it brings the quality of the show down.

It's a disgrace to the books. Production value is fantastic. Direction, in particular which scenes and character experiences it chooses to focus on, is poor. The screenwriting is godawful. Acting is uneven, with some weak, many strong, and some just phoning it in like otherwise great Jared Harris. This includes uneveness within individual performances themselves (ex. T'Nia Miller is awful in one scene, fantastic in the next).

I love the source material, so I was excited when Apple did this show. However, soon after it came out I read a lot of reviews like yours. That has me on the fence for watching it. I have the story and characters in my head and I fear major disappointment with checking it out. lol!

I love the source material, so I was excited when Apple did this show. However, soon after it came out I read a lot of reviews like yours. That has me on the fence for watching it. I have the story and characters in my head and I fear major disappointment with checking it out. lol!

Me and my coworker both liked it overall. Neither of us read the books though. Like Mick said Lee Pace pretty much carries the show his acting is outstanding. On top of his story line in general just being the most interesting of the 3.

Damn.... brutal.
Whoever the actor is, he’s nailed the role. Best interpretation of a Galactic Emperor I’ve ever seen (although later this year we’ll get to see Christopher Walken as Emperor Corrino in Dune 2 so that may change).

Just general TV villains though, Foundations Emperor > Night King or Gus Fring, my 2 previous favorite TV villains.

Whoever the actor is, he’s nailed the role. Best interpretation of a Galactic Emperor I’ve ever seen (although later this year we’ll get to see Christopher Walken as Emperor Corrino in Dune 2 so that may change).

Just general TV villains though, Foundations Emperor > Night King or Gus Fring, my 2 previous favorite TV villains.
same dude who played Ronan the Accuser

show is honestly 99% Lee Pace, who's closest to what an Emperor of the Galaxy could ever be portrayed.
there's some connection to the books but it's definitely not a faithful, or even marginally faithful adaptation. The book series was a masterpiece of cerebral planning, the show has pretty graphics and explosions and stuff in space.

Back