Media France about to legalize mma !

Great
Hopefully some talented Savate practitioners make the jump over to MMA

What makes you think it’s illegal? It only has a slightly adjusted ruleset (no GnP, no elbows). There are hundreds of MMA gyms in France and there are plenty of MMA events. Ngannou fought his first few fights in France.

The reason it’s not popular is because of stigmatization and because other martial arts like Judo are very popular over there.

What makes you think it’s illegal? It only has a slightly adjusted ruleset (no GnP, no elbows). There are hundreds of MMA gyms in France and there are plenty of MMA events. Ngannou fought his first few fights in France.

The reason it’s not popular is because of stigmatization and because other martial arts like Judo are very popular over there.
I was gonna say I was sure N'gannou trains and fought out of France, and dudes like Tom Duquesnoy exist

Prepare yourselves for mostly try hard wannabe tough guy immigrants from the french suburbs.

We can train for mma but we compete in pzncrase, grappling fight and the lack of ground and pound , elbow make it very different than mma,also we fight in a ring,Wich is pure shit

they will bring some Obelix in the game, they dont have good fighters

"I didn't know France was ever in a fight. ... I heard Italy just declared war on Spain, and France surrendered." - Don Frye

Ngannou will headline a card there soon.

Pro MMA competition are strictly prohibited.
The competitions you refer to does not allow G'n'P, that why it is refered as pancrase most of the time.
Still training and amateurs are allowed, i think it was the same in NYC before 2016.
Eventually, your conclusion about judo is half true.
Most of our friends who practice judo beginning to follow MMA cause we are talking to them about the sport.
In fact judo can be to french MMA what wrestling is to American MMA, an excellent way to transition. But for some reason judo execs in France do not get that. But the base beginning to be more and more pro MMA

All those refugees and migrants will definitely beef up their talent pool over there I can see why they changed their minds

Are they going to allow the cage though? Last I heard the minister was saying no.

I hope this bring light on the French mma scene and that we will see the first UFC in France
Still waiting the first in Italy, an event in Milan could have done nice numbers, both from Italy and close countries

Too bad they did'nt when Sakara got a bit of popularity, we got 3 guys in the ufc with potential now (Vettori, Di Chirico, Pedersoli) but Sakara was much more famous

Back