Francis Ngannou earned more in 2 boxing fights than his entire UFC career

Imagine how much Francis would have gone on to make in boxing if he hadn't been obliterated.

Yes, that's the problem.

Ferreira's PFL's HW champion that Francis has to fight if he ever returns to MMA.

You must've quoted the wrong post because I was talking about UFC fighter pay and you're talking about champs from other orgs.

Francis Ngannou earned more in 2 boxing fights than the majority of people earn in their entire lifetime.
I would retire if I would be him.

Between the second Stipe fight, and the Gane fight Ngannou SAID he lost $7M by not re-signing before the the Stipe rematch. And he was offered $8M to fight Jones. So that would have been $15M for those 3 fights alone.

I never quite understand why people just somehow seem to forget to mention that? It’s disingenuous as fuck. Actually it’s completely dishonest. If you need to lie to make your point. You have a shitty point.

And he lied his ass off to you people over, and over. And you still kiss his ass. He conned the shit out of you people, and you’re happy about it.. ummmm ok.
Every time people cite his "low" UFC pay they conveniently never mention he was purposefully fighting out an old contract so he could potentially leave. The UFC was trying to pay him more, he was the one saying no.

They also never mention, apart from the offers you said, that his pay got capped at $600K because he lost that first Stipe fight and so never got bumped to the champion pay built into the contract. Probably should've trained instead of fucking off to France like he did cause he was so cocky coming off obliterating Overeem.

Lastly, Fury himself said that $600k was actually what Francis was worth as someone new to the title scene. Even Fury thought Francis was getting a massive pay grade he hadn't earned yet, by both the UFC and boxing standards.

It's all disengenuous as fuck, and his boxing pay is a massive anomaly.

Always a possibility

Realistically, if he wants what may be a very easy payday, is there anyone on the PFL roster that we expect to be much of a threat for the Cameroonian?

"Healthy knee Ngannou" is a terrifying dude in the cage.
I mean the guy he's going against is a giant who just KO'd Bader almost immediately, so I'm sure he has to be atleast a little bit of a threat. Ngannou is older now for a HW champion as well.

Did Francis' power carry over though?

- He didn't put Fury to sleep with his KD meanwhile in MMA he was doing so with only 1 shot
- Wilder knocked down Fury way worse than Francis did, and multiple times too
- He didn't score another KD after hurting Fury, meanwhile he's done multiple KDs before like against Blaydes 2
- He didn't hurt Joshua at all and Joshua doesn't have a great chin

Yeah there's the gloves difference, but he also bulked up way too big and his injured knees on top of it make him much slower than he used to be which is the real difference in his loss of power.

I mean, Francis hasn't really hurt anybody since 2021.

I agree. Besides that 1 KD from the counter on Fury, Ngannou wasn't doing much in the fight either offensively as well. Ngannou couldn't even get a chance to get anything going on Joshua at all. He probably should fight mid level guys at HW in boxing for us to really know where he's at, but it seems like he wants to take the money and run, not start a real career in boxing. Will be interesting to see how his wrestling comes to play whenever he returns to MMA with his injuries.

You must've quoted the wrong post because I was talking about UFC fighter pay and you're talking about champs from other orgs.
You do know that Francis signed with PFL over the UFC right?

no fighter fights for fun, 99%.9 do it for money, so Ngannu won against the UFC no matter what negative things they say about angannu
How did the UFC lose? They're not the ones who paid millions to see him get flatlined.

PFL did though.

Because you would be wrong. You just trying to be edgy. Fail.

So if I said something which I didn't say, nor do I believe, then I'd be wrong? Brilliant post.

Using buzzwords like 'edgy' and 'fail', really put me in my place though. You should claim I'm 'rustled' or that you live 'rent free in my head'.......don't think I could live it down.

Making an absolute tit of yourself here, boy.

So if I said something which I didn't say, nor do I believe, then I'd be wrong? Brilliant post.

Using buzzwords like 'edgy' and 'fail', really put me in my place though. You should claim I'm 'rustled' or that you live 'rent free in my head'.......don't think I could live it down.

Making an absolute tit of yourself here, boy.

So your that one dude who opens their mouth about a subject yet has no conviction either way. Why say something in a snarky way to start with? So you're that guy people get annoyed with lol. We have those guys at work and I straight call them out on it .

He did way better than most expected. While Hearn and Dana agree that boxers are overpaid, get more than what they generate, the distribution of money is still right there. Otherwise it makes non-fighters rich.

Maybe if the UFC paid better we'd get better fights in MMA.
Oh yeah, we'd get bangers like top guys versus 0-0 boxers, Floyd Mayweather/Jack Paul, and Conor McGregor, and Fury/Chisora 12, and not time wasters like Fury/Usyk, Fury/Joshua, and fights that happen 10 years after they should have.

Did Francis' power carry over though?

- He didn't put Fury to sleep with his KD meanwhile in MMA he was doing so with only 1 shot
- Wilder knocked down Fury way worse than Francis did, and multiple times too
- He didn't score another KD after hurting Fury, meanwhile he's done multiple KDs before like against Blaydes 2
- He didn't hurt Joshua at all and Joshua doesn't have a great chin

Yeah there's the gloves difference, but he also bulked up way too big and his injured knees on top of it make him much slower than he used to be which is the real difference in his loss of power.

I mean, Francis hasn't really hurt anybody since 2021.

Fury gets knocked down by everybody. Knocked down by some Serbian journeyman, knocked down by Cunningham, knocked down by Klitschko, knocked down a bunch of times by Wilder. The Ngannou one was actually the weakest one that just sat him down instead of a flash KO.

I mean the guy he's going against is a giant who just KO'd Bader almost immediately, so I'm sure he has to be atleast a little bit of a threat. Ngannou is older now for a HW champion as well.

I agree. Besides that 1 KD from the counter on Fury, Ngannou wasn't doing much in the fight either offensively as well. Ngannou couldn't even get a chance to get anything going on Joshua at all. He probably should fight mid level guys at HW in boxing for us to really know where he's at, but it seems like he wants to take the money and run, not start a real career in boxing. Will be interesting to see how his wrestling comes to play whenever he returns to MMA with his injuries.
Meh, I don't see boxing going well for him anymore. Like his only move was that semi check hook where he could partially eat a slightly deflected shot to throw a hook. There's plenty of tape to plan for that now, and I don't think he could do it anyway because he's probably got PTSD from that KO and is now going to be flinching badly and avoid the shot instead of throwing back, and he just doesn't have the speed for a plan B

While it's a possibility, I'm typically a "don't bet on it until it happens" (unless I get odds of course) kinda guy.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not he ends up staying around too long.
If Ngannou were to get starched in his next MMA outing, I imagine that there'll be comparisons to Topuria and Volk.

He never would have gotten those boxing paydays without his ufc career making him a star though. That’s why he got into mma in the first place, it’s easier to make it to the big leagues than boxing.

I understand your point but its also circular logic.

The UFC has nothing to sell other than fights - it is their only product upon which everything they earn is built upon. There is no UFC without fighters.

So the UFC needed Francis and he needed the UFC. The problem is the revenue share was not reciprocal. As promoter, the UFC keeps >85% of the cash generated from fights. That is a lopsided deal by any measure.

Fury gets knocked down by everybody. Knocked down by some Serbian journeyman, knocked down by Cunningham, knocked down by Klitschko, knocked down a bunch of times by Wilder. The Ngannou one was actually the weakest one that just sat him down instead of a flash KO.

GIF?

I understand your point but its also circular logic.

The UFC has nothing to sell other than fights - it is their only product upon which everything they earn is built upon. There is no UFC without fighters.

So the UFC needed Francis and he needed the UFC. The problem is the revenue share was not reciprocal. As promoter, the UFC keeps >85% of the cash generated from fights. That is a lopsided deal by any measure.

Who was Francis before the ufc? He was a nobody with a loss to Zoumana Cisse on his record. Francis did his part by winning fights in the ufc, and the ufc did their part by promoting him for doing so. Francis refused to re-sign with the ufc numerous times and lost out on a lot of money because of it, that’s his own fault.

Back