News *** Francis Ngannou Free Agency/Contract/Decision Making Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Which MMA promotion/organization do you think Ngannou will sign with?

• Total voters
After seeing One say they are no longer pursuing Ngannou, it made me think. Clearly his asking price is astronomical. He is asking for a price where these promotions wouldn’t be able to get the return on their investment. The UFC offered him 8 million per fight, possibly with PPV points, and he declined it.

I think his dilemma could be more than bad decisions and bad management…

Is it possible that the injury to his knees is worse than we know. Maybe it is so bad that he knows he has 1 more fight left in him. So he tried to get an ungodly amount of money from the UFC, and other promotions, to bring home a ridiculous bag and retire?

the more I think about this, the more I convince myself this is what’s up.

thoughts?

For sure. Ufc seem to have the best offer. He is pricing himself out and from what I understand his knees are in shambles

Even when he was in ufc his rate dropped drastically after he won the belt. He defended it once (Cyril Gane) within the next two years of his tenure

If he was so great you would think he would want to keep making money.

are we sure the UFC really offered him $8 million per fight? Because if so that was insanely stupid.

Not per fight. In an interview earlier this year Helwani said, "What I had heard through the grapevine is that Brock made $8Million for (UFC) 200. Is it above that or below that?" and ngannou said, "about that" for the Jones fight but not any other HW fights.

timestamped at 12:52 below

Ariel the Nose interviewed Francis and Francis claims that he will be announcing a signing this week. He says ONE is saving face by claiming they turned him down, when it was the other way around. So if Francis announces a deal this week, I'll believe him. If he doesn't, then I will put him in the same bucket as Chael P Sonnen when it comes to credibility.

They are. It’s not his fault these companies can’t afford him. Francis is fine. He’s just relaxing bro. Y’all are worried about him. He ain’t worried.

but the thing is, is he actually worth 20 million a fight? TBH I dont think he has that kind of starpower to make it a worthy investment for any fight org...

All these organizations are so poor. ONE Championship bleeds hundred of millions of dollars the past few years. BKFC owner had to take loans on his house in order to put on the last event. They will not be able to compete for Francis’ service.

That was before. But as of last year, Triller is the majority owner of BKFC. Feldman is just the CEO. Yeah they don't have enough to pay Francis millions but every fighter says they get paid very well over there

If PFL can sign him AND buy Bellator, it could be a great move. Big investment, but I believe they'll see a return in a shorter time than if they only get Francis. Acquiring Bellator needs to be part of this deal in order for it to make sense. Fuck what Chatri has said, I can see him cross promote with a PFL that includes Bellator's roster.

This whole thing is so fucking stupid, him being in PFL or anywhere but UFC is pointless, nobody will care to watch him destroy cans. Frank probably could have end up being the greatest HW ever if he stayed in UFC.
He fumbled the bag hard. Can't believe no one advised him against it

Ngannou needs Wilder, Fury or AJ in boxing.
Thats the only financial decision that makes sense for him and why he left.
Yea but how could his retarded ass think he has the requisites or following to demand such a fight?

are we sure the UFC really offered him $8 million per fight? Because if so that was insanely stupid.

According to Francis him self. Yes.
Not only that, it was a 3 fight deal no extension:
"Ngannou said he was offered around $8 million to fight Jones and to sign a three-fight contract with no extension. He had hoped to fight Jones twice and book a rubber match against former heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic."

Wasnt francis offered 10mil a fight with the UFC. Hard to believe any other org can offer something like that to fight no names.

One said it wasn’t due to financial but a sticking point that wasn’t financial. So money wasn’t the problem.

I’d assume it was most likely he didn’t want to be exclusive and wanted the right to box for another promotion while under contract with OneFC. Which wouldn’t make much financial sense for OneFC.

Last edited:
I am going to assume/guess the non-financial matter they couldn't agree to was a clause to allow Francis to box if a fight came up.

No promotion is going to sign him if he insists on that because they know he is just using them to keep profile up until he can make the boxing match leaving them in the lurch.

According to Helwani, he talked to Francis after the text from Chatri. Supposedly Francis is about to sign a deal, but met with Chatri out of respect even though Francis has a deal about to be signed. Helwani’s guess was Chatri put out the text as preemptive marketing…which doesn’t make sense to me. Helwani alluded Chatri has some type of negative feeling towards the PFL.

I am all for being independent and having your own way but when it costs you big millions it becomes stupidity
Humans are individualistic by nature

Back