Francis Ngannou is the Muhammad Ali of MMA

If you know he's getting a 20 million dollar payday then I understand.... the reality of that however might not be true.
I'm just a layperson, I don't KNOW anything and maybe the reality is that Francis never gets a big payday and losses out in the end. Regardless of what happens in the end though, I respect Francis for taking a chance on himself while speaking out on the UFC's immoral business practices.

I'm just a layperson, I don't KNOW anything and maybe the reality is that Francis never gets a big payday and losses out in the end. Regardless of what happens in the end though, I respect Francis for taking a chance on himself while speaking out on the UFC's immoral business practices.
That's great and all but I think Frank bet on himself and will lose in the end. But as long as he's happy that's all that matters.

I don’t recall much bleeding of his opponents during his fight like Tony creates.

Uhhh he gave up his belt, millions of dollars, faced prison time and was reviled by the public. Not exactly sunshine and roses.

Agree, he faced a tough decision. Just saying that on the other side of the balance sheet was “not dying in the jungle on the other side of the world while also not getting paid.” It’s not like he dropped the belt in protest of the war, he kept everything right up until the moment that the government said, “now it’s your turn to go,” then he tried to get a religious exemption (I can’t commit violence for religious reasons, so please let others fight for this country while I beat the piss out of people for the incredible amounts of fame and money that are possible here).

I give the man credit for doing what he wanted with his life but it wasn’t a selfless sacrifice when you actually break down what was behind door number one and door number two for him. He did it for him.

Agree, he faced a tough decision. Just saying that on the other side of the balance sheet was “not dying in the jungle on the other side of the world while also not getting paid.” It’s not like he dropped the belt in protest of the war, he kept everything right up until the moment that the government said, “now it’s your turn to go,” then he tried to get a religious exemption (I can’t commit violence for religious reasons, so please let others fight for this country while I beat the piss out of people for the incredible amounts of fame and money that are possible here).

I give the man credit for doing what he wanted with his life but it wasn’t a selfless sacrifice when you actually break down what was behind door number one and door number two for him. He did it for him.
Sort of. But you're kind of missing the fact that, like many other well off Americans, he could have simply found the right doctor to give him an exemption or gone to college, fled to Canada, etc.

Where are you getting these numbers from?
I read an article either here on Sherdog or MMA Junkie. Ngannou said it wasn't about money and he had other reasons for leaving UFC. According to the article, he wanted the right to get his own sponsors, wanted health insurance, and wanted to box outside UFC.

Sort of. But you're kind of missing the fact that, like many other well off Americans, he could have simply found the right doctor to give him an exemption or gone to college, fled to Canada, etc.

Perhaps. A little more difficult for a high level athlete but who knows. In any event, I don’t mean to shit on the guy, he stood up for himself which is admirable, I just think that people fluff up the details sometimes.

I read an article either here on Sherdog or MMA Junkie. Ngannou said it wasn't about money and he had other reasons for leaving UFC. According to the article, he wanted the right to get his own sponsors, wanted health insurance, and wanted to box outside UFC.

Exactly. All things that circle back to money.

Ali is the greatest. Beat george foreman in his prime
Francis hits harder but hes nowhere near as great or accomplished

All fighters including champions should see this and try free agency to know their market value. Francis earned my respect for standing up not only for himself but for the rest of his fellow fighters. Hopefully one day we'll get the Ngannou act in MMA just like boxing has the Ali Act
FmtbOy6WAAoU55e

lmao

Ali was a piece of shit no idea why everyone thinks he is a god

lol saying that is a bit too much.
One thing is true, tho. The same people that hated Ali are the ones who hate Francis

Ali was a piece of shit no idea why everyone thinks he is a god

He's a boomer icon, and since the boomers rule the world the rest of us need to pay tribute to their gods; thankfully, they will all soon be dead. But many fighters have been "pieces of shit," and many normal people would likewise have been so, if they had the same power and was put in the same situations as world famous fighters.

Back