Rumored Francis Ngannou Might Put MMA on Hold for Another Boxing Match

Well, he's clearly aiming for the bigger bag(can't blame him), but getting murked in another boxing match would pretty much be the end of his career. He's a bit old now, so maybe he's just looking to sit on stacks of cash, and doesn't care about his "legacy".

We'd all do the same.

Ngannou will do whatever the fuck he wants to, lol.

It's funny watching posters get butthurt because he's free and not under the UFC's thumb. Guaranteed if Conor or Jones announced a boxing crossover, everyone would be shilling how good it is for the sport and how accomplished they are as fighters.

Good on Frank for finally getting paid. How he earns it is his business.
unironically though both conor and jones are significantly more decorated in the sport. so it's not the best comparison

After that ko. The only fight he can get will be a young up and coming boxer who will use Ngannou as a stepping stone. I don't know who out there wants to pay Ngannou after that fight.

The winner of Jake vs Mike?
Or just Jake, Pleeaase let it be just Jake.

But on a realistic note--and from a business perspective-- he should box but in good faith to the PFL, schedule a fight with them as well. Unless his next win in MMA is an Overeem like KO, he might not get another big payday in boxing (without running through some bums, which I don't think he will do anymore).

Does anyone know if the Saudi money that has sponsored his boxing matches are the one's pouring funds into the PFL? If so, that could be a factor.

Well, he's clearly aiming for the bigger bag(can't blame him), but getting murked in another boxing match would pretty much be the end of his career. He's a bit old now, so maybe he's just looking to sit on stacks of cash, and doesn't care about his "legacy".

We'd all do the same.

It’s the smart play, for sure.

i mean do whatever you want to do, but pretty fucked up to ice PFL. if thats what he does.

i watched some of the interview with Ariel, the guy is in complete denial about what happened to him. completely delusional about why he got flatlined. him talking about his southpaw.. jeez louise. i'm not going to doubt that he had an off day, or wasnt feeling great at the time of the fight, but to start lobbing out thinly veiled accusations of the saudis or AJ's camp doing something to him to make him feel off. that's just out of control delusion and denial. someone needs to sit him down because this is how a real quick downward spiral takes off

unironically though both conor and jones are significantly more decorated in the sport. so it's not the best comparison
How do you conclude that? Jon never won the UFC HW title by beating the champion? Francis beat "The Man" and he defended it something Conor never did either. Also Conor never went the distance with the reigning HW champion in boxing. Conor got KO'd by an old retired boxer 2 weight classes smaller then him. At least Frank got KO'd by a HW not a BW.

After getting knocked out in his 2nd boxing match, Ngannou hinted at putting off mma for another boxing match.

“What’s next for me? Maybe a third boxing match,” Ngannou said on his YouTube channel. “I feel like boxing owes me something now. I have to regain what boxing took from me. I think my ego will not let me step back and let this go like this without doing everything to reinstall and prove to the world that I am the man of this job.

“I can do it, you know. I slipped, but I didn’t fall. I stumbled, but I didn’t fall. I think if I go back, train, learn from it and use it as an advantage and experience for my personal growth, for my professional growth, I think it will not be a loss. I will be able to reverse it and make it a victory – a life victory, not only a sports victory.”

Will Francis ever fight in an mma match again? Seems iffy to me.

full article:
can't blame him for chasing that bag. i doubt the pfl has that saudi money

Back