Rumored Francis Ngannou Might Put MMA on Hold for Another Boxing Match

The sense of entitlement with this guy is absolutely incredible. Lol at "boxing owes me something". Dude just got $20 million for stunt work as a 0-1 boxer to show up and get sparked out in 4 minutes in yet another event that lost huge money, and still thinks everybody owes him something.

Probably good for PFL though, and might even be their idea, because they gambled on Francis' stock going up with the boxing, and instead of plummeted and they probably don't want to be on the hook for that much money.

It's baffling PLF didn't put anything in the contract to prevent something like this. I thought they would have had a date he had to fight by, number of boxing matches he could take before fighting for them, number of fights he had to do for them per year, something like that. It appears they signed on just to be a fallback option.

More power to him. But maybe he should fight an ex ufc fighter at boxing?

Maybe kill Randy, Anderoid, Frank Mir or someone to build that hype again.

On a feee card though ain’t no one paying to see a Mismatch in boxing with Francis as a he at fav

More power to him. But maybe he should fight an ex ufc fighter at boxing?

Maybe kill Randy, Anderoid, Frank Mir or someone to build that hype again.

On a feee card though ain’t no one paying to see a Mismatch in boxing with Francis as a he at fav

I think it needs to be a borderline ranked HW. Someone boxing people have heard of but that Francis has a good chance of beating.

If Hammer had won his fight he'd be perfect.

Frank is not getting any credit for beating wrestlers in boxing. Last time Frank Mir boxed everyone was scared for his life.

I think his PFL contract is worth about 8 million per fight or somewhere in that area. He would probably make more money fighting for them because there's little chance he'll headline a boxing card and make as much.

How do you conclude that? Jon never won the UFC HW title by beating the champion? Francis beat "The Man" and he defended it something Conor never did either. Also Conor never went the distance with the reigning HW champion in boxing. Conor got KO'd by an old retired boxer 2 weight classes smaller then him. At least Frank got KO'd by a HW not a BW.

Jesus Christ, don’t play stupid.

Who cares. PFL doesn't really have any interesting match-ups, mainly bums that PFL will have to cut a $2,000,000 check to and the current champion has a shit record with them too. Bader getting starched by Renan makes that match-up absolutely pointless as well. Right now it would just look like PFL were feeding Ngannou bums. Unless they bring someone interesting and with a name, it will be another failure. That's why they keep bringing Jon Jones onto their broadcasts, trying to hype a match that will never happen because of their contracts. Maybe Randy can come out of retirement. Or maybe they can bring back the corpse of Werdum.

Its about options, its not like PFL is eager to pay millions for Ngannou vs Ferreira, boxing might pay better if he can secure a main event, Wilder?

I know what he means by boxing owing him something. Boxing destroyed his aura where was always known for knockout power to the point he never considered he could get KTFO and Anthony Joshua and boxing destroyed that aura. He blames boxing for wiping out the facade.

He still has not been humbled after being nearly killed by Anthony Joshua. He always faked humbleness. Before the AJ fight, he was claiming he was the no. 1 boxer in the world. AJ beat the brakes off of him sending him to the shadow realm and this guy is still too dumb to even realize what hit him.

Last edited:
That's what I thought. He's not going to fight in MMA again. He should instead just retire from combat sports. He's made a lot of money. The AJ fight is just going to repeat itself, and his reputation is going down the shitter.

If he can't swing a headline against Wilder to cash out his career in full, then he could probably fight Zhang under a main event sometime. Either way though, I think I'd prefer him to take at least one MMA fight in the meantime. It's a risk, but being a current MMA HW champ should give him more negotiating power. I'd think murdering Bader shouldn't be too hard for him (they are merging, right? Why have that combo card if they're not?)

How do you conclude that? Jon never won the UFC HW title by beating the champion? Francis beat "The Man" and he defended it something Conor never did either. Also Conor never went the distance with the reigning HW champion in boxing. Conor got KO'd by an old retired boxer 2 weight classes smaller then him. At least Frank got KO'd by a HW not a BW.
Jones ruled LHW for years, moved up and beat the #1 contender, he is basically the MMA GOAT.

Jesus Christ, don’t play stupid.
You started with Conor being more accomplished then Francis. Jon actually is at LHW but Conor? Conor has a record of 10-4 in the UFC.

Frank is 14-2 in the UFC and won and defended the Undisputed HW title.
Conor won 2 belts with ZERO defenses. Not ZERO successful defenses but ZERO attempts. Only true accomplishments for Conor are at the box office and if that is the measuring stick then Frank is second only to Conor in making money off of his UFC career.

Throwing Conor's name around to try and bring down Francis is truly playing stupid.

Back