Media Francis Ngannou set for tell all interview with Ariel Helwani on Jan 17th

Are you going to watch this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a big reason why Ariel is still the best by a wide margin.

Doesn't matter what your opinion is, you're always welcome on his show to speak your mind.
I don't particularly LIKE Ariel, I feel like he is a bit of a shit stirrer and instigator, but I do feel like he is pretty solid as a journalist.

He will even interview fighters that have talked shit about him, it would be, I would assume, pretty easy, for him to use his platform to choose who gets to speak on his show and who doesn't and he doesn't seem to use it to shut anyone down.

Khabib isn't free to pursue contracts outside of the UFC (obviously, he could compete in Russia and just ignore any breach of contract suits they issued, but that goes for anyone, regardless). He retired. That isn't the same situation.
At this point he most certainly is. But I see your point. It isn't exactly the same. But how do you know Francis isn't retired?
Dana said Francis left because he didn't like the money eventhough he would've been the best paid HW in company history. Where will he get paid more? Bellator? PFL? Not so sure about that.
In Boxing against Fury? I think that's bs for now. Conor fought a retired Floyd. He never would've been cleared to compete for a WBC, WBO or whatever belt without prior professional boxing bouts.
Fury isn't retired. Francis can't just box for a boxing world title. What's he gonna do? Wait til Fury retires? Idk man. He might be retired tbh.

I'm gonna watch...

If this ends up being some Jerry Springer bad divorce fuck you and fuck your friends type of shit, i'm all in

bill-hader-watching.gif

I only want to hear how much he was offered, don't care about anything else.

Boring meets annoying for an interview that will be irritating like a sandy clamato.

Jeez, who pissed in your cheerios
Would you rather have Bret Okomoto do the interview? Well I would, but he would never do it lol
I used to be a big fan when he was a real journalist. That was such a long time ago though and to see him really take off with fame as Dana's bitch (he pretends this was never the case, but it was. People who actually read his shit don't forget) Now to just being a BS content creator and not a real journalist, it is frustrating to see. The whole schtick like he is a good guy fighting again Dana is bullshit. It is all drama, I can't believe how many people on here buy into it.

Tell all of what? UFC offered him a big contract, he thought he could make more somewhere else and wants to chase a boxing bout. If he doesn't have one already, he gave away all of his leverage and will be lucky to take the losing end of an 80/20 split with Wilder, and Deontay Wilder isn't going to pay for his medical insurance either.
Taking an 80/20 split would be better money than all but 3 or 4 UFC bouts to date lol. Also strange to mention insurance, I don't know of any combat sport where the winner pays for their defeated opponents health insurance.

Lol what? This is currently one of the biggest news in the MMA world right now. Francis is the first reigning champion to leave the promotion since 2004 (BJ penn). Everyone wants to hear Francis side now. Ariel gets the exclusive interview.

If it was anyone else than Ariel, ya'll probably wouldn't bitch, but since it is Ariel ya'll keep acting like bitches.

You do you

ariel-arielhelwani.gif
That’s cute, Ariel has his white knights defending him on a karate forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back