Frank Mir confirms “unspoken rule among fighters” that tapping to strikes is “unacceptable” & “soft”

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Time stamped.

Are you surprised to know that this is what MMA fighters think of tapping to strikes?

Do you agree with this “unspoken rule” among MMA fighters?

im-not-surprised-rb1ien.jpg

No one ever admitted it, some have even denied it, but deep down, we all knew what was truly up..

Of course, but probably more so to the older gen

Serra’s don’t tap bro they don’t say uncle

i'm not a fighter so I'm in no position to judge what internal values they've agreed upon as a fraternity. it's interesting though. tapping from a choke, which is relatively harmless is not soft, but tapping to getting your brain rattled in soft. must be something that's held over from boxing

valuing your limbs over your brain. not sure if that's a good thing.

Last edited:
Unacceptable and soft is why Anderson took dick pills.

<seedat>

His point is too weak. He says tapping to a choke is okay, but all you are doing is going to sleep, and he gave Holly Holm props. That should mean that tapping to strikes as just as soft as tapping to a choke.

Nothing is happening to you with a choke. You go to sleep for a few seconds with less pain than being beaten to bloody pulp.

Tapping to a choke is more cowardly than tapping to strikes. Because strikes are significantly more dangerous than a choke. You will have to burn your arms out to kill a person with a choke. One lethally placed strike and you may never wake up again.

How many people have been killed playing BJJ? LOL

Yeah well I bet a lot of the guys who berate tapping to strikes would also do so under the right circumstances. This is a sport not survival.

So tapping to strikes is frowned upon, but going limp by choice or turtling up and waiting for the ref to save you is acceptable? Mir's been finished 8 times but was only knocked out twice. In nearly every TKO loss he springs to his feet after the fight is stopped.

wrecking your motorcycle after winning the HW championship and essentially ruining your career trajectory is also pretty unacceptable to be honest. then years later testing positive for steroids because you are trying to save your career and blaming kangaroos is also unacceptable.

It's obvious when some guys mentally break and don't want to tap to strikes they give up their back almost begging to be choked out to avoid the stigma.

i'm not a fighter so I'm in no position to judge what internal values they've agreed upon as a fraternity. it's interesting though. tapping from a choke, which is relatively harmless is not soft, but tapping to getting your brain rattled in soft. must be something that's held over from boxing
There is no way out of some submissions, there is almost always a way out of strikes without quitting. let the ref do their job.

I pick brain health over what other fighters think of me but that's just me.

He sounds like he is on some kind of 'warrior peyote'

What fighters do instead of tapping to strikes is to turtle up and hope the ref is watching, so its sort of tapping even they don't actually do it.

Back