Freddie Roach says GSP will defend and defeat Whittaker

Only if he’s fighting camozzi.

He must have fought Camozzi a lot considering he's 24-5 with 17 submissions. He's 7-2 in the UFC losing only by split decision to Yoel and to Bobby Knuckles.

Tons of folks saying GSP gets wrecked by Bobby Knux. I'm not so sure.

Robert is a beast, for sure. Big hands and fast.

But GSP, Firas, and Roach are master gameplanners.

This fight will be very interesting imo. Never count out GSP in any match.
Romero smashes him.

ezgif-1-ce3f0a349f.gif

Reported for not time stamping the video

He did actually say that GSP is on vacation right now & he needs to talk it over with him... but Dana is telling him that GSP needs to defend & so he thinks that's what they will do.

I’m not sold on this fight happening but would love to see. I think GSP is Woodley bound.

Considering what Whittaker did to YOEL ROMERO. I don't have a ton of faith in GSP here.
Romero got a few TDs and to RW credit he got back up but GSPs top game is way better, Romero's isn't that good...the only person I remember him managing to stay on top of is Jacare because Jacare was rocked and would prefer to work gaurd anyway. GSP also has a better blast double imo, Romero relies a lot on explosiveness it seems. RW is a good wrestler in his own right so it'll be interesting to see how he deals with wrestling

i fear that this fight might look like the gsp thiago alves fight BUT

whitakker stood and did well with yoel, who is a great wrestler.

whitaker is also fairly big in his frame and his trunk. bisping was successful minimizing the damage gsp could inflict on the ground, largely due to his size, and i think bobby could as well--he will get taken down, but gsp's frame isnt well suited to cause a lot of damage when he is on top of a bigger dude.

bobby was confident in his striking against jacare. granted, gsp is more dangerous standing and on the ground than souza, but it was great to see bobby not be too timid when he fought jacare--maybe he knew that jacare was mostly fanboy hype, or maybe he, himself, is better or more comfortable on the ground that people might think.

all else aside, the more i think about it, the more respect that i think bobby knuckles deserves. the guy is good.

I just think GSP mixes it up better than those guys. To me the uncertainty is what holds back some strikers. GSP times his take downs well. Bisping is better than people give him credit for. We shall see if Whitaker can mix it up as well as GSP.

Well that's nice to hear after the -about face- and trials and tribulations about gsp making weight, from every one on his team except firas or his mom.

Seems like he was gonna vacate, but I'd like to see him v's Bobby.

I still don't believe it's gonna happen, and I'm a big Freddie fan.

He's a bigger better wrestler than GSP.
Because all gsp has is wrestling and let’s pretend that Yoel even uses his . Yoel is powerful but gsp is a better striker than him and dare I say has far better top control

GSP is not Romero, folks. Different style completely and is a great striker as well as a grappler. He's much smarter than Romero, too. He'll find a way to neutralize Whittaker just like he's done to everyone he's fought.

Whittaker is a horrible matchup for GSP, and GSP is not stupid. No way he takes this fight.

It wouldn't shock me.People are drinking the Whitaker kool-aid to quickly. He might be another fighter that had just caught the right fights at the right time (mini jacare and an older fighter in Romero that has stamina issues).
The 2 best middleweight s in world are Rockhold and Mousasi....and I've been saying it for a long LONG time now.I hope Luke doesn't continue to get chinny with every passing fight cause he's a beast everywhere else.He needs a coach that can get him to defend himself properly while standing.

He must have fought Camozzi a lot considering he's 24-5 with 17 submissions. He's 7-2 in the UFC losing only by split decision to Yoel and to Bobby Knuckles.
And who did he beat in the ufc?

I just think GSP mixes it up better than those guys. To me the uncertainty is what holds back some strikers. GSP times his take downs well. Bisping is better than people give him credit for. We shall see if Whitaker can mix it up as well as GSP.

Bisping is far better than people give him credit for.

Back