Free Fight: Robert Whittaker vs. Derek Brunson (Video)

Whittaker destroying his opponents with that high kick

Almost forgot how stupid Brunson fought that fight. WTF was he thinking fighting like ? literally sprinting at Whittiker and throwing punches head first

Almost forgot how stupid Brunson fought that fight. WTF was he thinking fighting like ? literally sprinting at Whittiker and throwing punches head first
He fights one of two ways, charging in wildly, or just staring at range like he did against Anderson.

Brunson’s hobbys include serving his chin on a silver platter.

Guy just slaps a bullseye on his chin like it’s nobody’s business.

Lol at you acting like Brunson lost the fight instead of Rob winning it....

Robert survived the Blitz then picked Brunson apart after foiling Brunsons TD attempts.

Amazing fight from Rob.

Get hyped and enjoy!

Thanks for posting this.

I didn’t remember how sloppy they looked in that fight, especially Brunson. He was charging forward to the point he fell face first to the canvas on his own! Repeatedly! Jesus...

Whittaker stayed somewhat composed under fire, covered up well. He got tagged a few times even though Brunson fought like a drunk bum. Not the best showing for either guy...

Sloppy ass fight but Whittaker is relentless with the pressure and varied attacks. He is like the clay Guida of striking

Brunson has a lot of confidence that’s for sure lol

Sloppy fight? Brunson was KO’ing everybody he faced at the time and Whittaker fought a perfect fight under that pressure, sure he got tagged a bit but it was still a great performance from him.

I like how in the cage Whittaker acts like a crazy barbarian but in real life he talks and acts like the nicest guy in the world.

Amazing fight. Whittaker bided his time until the right moment to unleash.

Brunson had good pressure but looked sloppy.

I loved that cheeky knee to the head from Forest Whitaker.

That kick landed because sloppy Brunson outgassed himself and couldn't think straight and keep his guard up.

That kick landed because sloppy Brunson outgassed himself and couldn't think straight and keep his guard up.

Nah the kick landed cause Whittaker set it up right. Brunson thought a lunch was coming and reached out hoping to stop it but the kick went around it and landed clean. Similar to what he did to Jacare except that was more of a feint of a straigh right, making Jacare lean right into the kick. He didn’t feint the right hand here, but landed it many times beforehand and Brunson thought another one was coming, which made him reach out. It’s not that he wasn’t thinking straight. Most fighters that are rocked are thinking fine, it’s just that their body isn’t reacting how they want it to. Not the case with Brunson because he reacted exactly how he wanted, it was just the wrong reaction.

Brunson was a 2-1 favorite, and I still bet on him. I didn't give Whittaker enough respect.

Then, I picked Jacare. After that, I picked Romero. And now, I look at the rematch as a toss-up.

Romero via ko 3

Is the bum brunson still in the UFC? i hope they post some RDA free fights next

Lol at you acting like Brunson lost the fight instead of Rob winning it....

Robert survived the Blitz then picked Brunson apart after foiling Brunsons TD attempts.

Amazing fight from Rob.
I mean, when your opponent fights like a dumbass, you can't look that good winning

I like Whittaker, but I see stiffness.

Back