Crime Free Speech Rally in SF turns violent

They hate free speech except when they get to use their free speech..

“Anderson called the counterprotesters hypocrites and said they are the reason why he's voting for President Donald Trump.”

same reason my mom is voting for Trump. And my cousin...and sister-in-law....and aunt & uncle....

I called it. Proud boys blasted these guys for hosting a half ass rally in enemy territory.

So lets see if I understand this correctly. The left hate social media platforms because they allow free speech. And the right hates social media because the block fee speech. Correct? So then social media is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

They are not the arbitrators of truth, but it's a private platform so they can kick out who ever they want and make their own little fantasy world.

So lets see if I understand this correctly. The left hate social media platforms because they allow free speech. And the right hates social media because the block fee speech. Correct? So then social media is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

They are not the arbitrators of truth, but it's a private platform so they can kick out who ever they want and make their own little fantasy world.

Sounds about right, except it is the far left more than just the left. They have every right to do so, but Facebook and twitter have a definite affinity for democrats and it shows in what they allow and disallow

Did the government attack them? Because that's what Freedom of speech is about.

fck! You beat me to it!
Oh wow man. So if regular citizens suppress free speech, it is still free speech? Dang dude, you backed yourself into a serious corner here.

Just to clarify those arguing semantics, freedom of speech is the right to express your beliefs. Censorship and imposing legal sanctions on that right is when the government does it. However, when rallies and speaking engagements are canceled by violence, it is a violation of free speech that the government should guarantee, but they haven’t been. This rally should have been protected better, but violence from anqueefa prevented the right to free assembly. Can you imagine the outrage and further protests and riots if a bunch of right wingers attacked a blm rally? It would be constant news and decried, but the news coverage on this incident shows the organizer with his tooth missing making him look like an idiot-like it’s a celebration of the attack. That is not freedom of speech-it has been stymied in this incident and that is flat out wrong

Language is terrifying to the uneducated. Instead of learning it’s easier to retreat to a safe space and tell everybody how incompetent you are.

The guy that busted out the organizer’s teeth has been charged with a hate crime. Not sure how this is a hate crime, though. The suspect was black, and politics, not race was the motivation here. Political affiliation is not a protected class.

I generally do not agree with hate crime laws. The reason behind a crime should not matter based upon race or orientation.

Back