Elections French Election: Macron re-elected

panem-et-circenses

In the garden
Reaction score
“Marine Le Pen, leader of the National Rally, is closing-in on President Macron and has solidified her polling lead over her far-right rival, Éric Zemmour.

Both Le Pen, 53, and Zemmour, 63, the television pundit vying with her for the far-right vote amid speculation that he is about to run for the Élysée, have picked up support in recent weeks.”

here is a piece on Zemmour for those not familiar:

Macron is polling around 24%, with Le Pen at 16% and Zemmour at 15%, according to Politico's Poll of Polls.

I haven’t read Le Pen’s latest manifesto, if she has one, but I did read the last one, and it wasn’t all that bad. The EU was the sticking point. Melenchon is dopey. And Zemmour doesn’t have the chops.

—————- update March 27th ————-

So, Macron is polling at 28%, Marine has increased to 20%, and Melenchon is at 14%. Melenchon has jumped in the polls, whereas Zemmour has fallen to 10%. Pecresse has fallen, too, becoming neck and neck with far-right Zemmour (she is polling at 11%). Hidalgo and Jaldot are going nowhere, sitting at 2% and 5%.

————— Update August 4th ————

From the NYT:

“More worrying for Mr. Macron, the poll suggested he would edge Ms. Le Pen by just 53.5 percent to 46.5 percent in the second round. In the last presidential election, in 2017, Mr. Macron trounced Ms. Le Pen by 66.1 percent to 33.9 percent in the runoff.”

So, the latest polling has Macron at 27%, whereas Marine has increased to 21%, gaining some momentum while cost of living concerns increase. The left doesn’t seem to have a horse in this race, because none of their candidates, including Melenchon at 16%, have any shot at an upset win. Pecresse has crashed (mentioned before). And Zemmour has lost most of the ground he once made.

A more detailed account here

———— August 10th ———-

Last edited:
France is already a lost cause. Will be interesting if they get this guy though.

France is a mess. Somebody needs to clean it up badly. We don’t see a quarter of what’s going on there

I was going to say smear campaign incoming, but not sure what more they could throw at Le Pen to demonize her even more. The fact that she's in the conversation is proof positive that lots of French people aren't happy with the direction their country is heading. Look for more concessions from Macron on the culture front to try to appease those wanting to conserve their heritage.

I bet much of Europe are watching with great interest.

And just like that the voting machines will go down, pipes start magically bursting in voting precincts where Le Pen is up, vote tabulators then tape up the windows so they can 'concentrate' on doing their job better without those pesky voters watching on.....and the end result: Macron wins! <Lmaoo>

I mean, it’s time for something.. Oui?

Even if she loses (she will), Macron will still throw a bone to conservatives to help secure their vote.

I was going to say smear campaign incoming, but not sure what more they could throw at Le Pen to demonize her even more. The fact that she's in the conversation is proof positive that lots of French people aren't happy with the direction their country is heading. Look for more concessions from Macron on the culture front to try to appease those wanting to conserve their heritage.

He already is

he is also getting in scandal for telling people that aren’t ethnically French, that they are French just like him. Apparently that’s a bad thing.

She's a dog chasing a car, she'd have no idea what to in office if she ever won. She's a bigger asset to her cause out of office where she can pull centrists like Macron to her side somewhat while not discrediting her party by bungling routine governance.
He already is

he is also getting in scandal for telling people that aren’t ethnically French, that they are French just like him. Apparently that’s a bad thing.
Is that really controversial in France? Aren't all citizens supposed to be equal in their Frenchness or whatever? Got a source for that?

LePen is the only one who can save France, that shithole is in rough shape.

French and happy dont mix

They got riot every 2nd week

I swear the French elections go on for a decade or at least this storyline has been around forever.

Back