1 Sets closes and inverted closes @ HG200
1 Sets overcrushes and inverted overcrushes @ HG200
3 Sets overcrushes and inverted overcrushes @ HG250
1 Sets overcrushes and inverted overcrushes @ HG200

Lever Work
2 Sets @ 3.5kg (2.5kg + 1kg)

Powerball
5 minutes each hand

Iced the knee some more and the bruising has come up pretty big. I'll skip the front squats tonight so the first test will be deadlifts on Saturday and if that goes alright I'll run on Sunday.

I'll throw together some sort of end of year review post either after my bench session tonight or tomorrow.

i got hurt a bit when i hit my 170-190 squat because i treated it like it was 135 (same left knee)

i went from 1x squatting to 3x squatting a week and got my form down from the frequency. the pain was gone in 2 weeks

goodluck bud! if ur still walkin then its nothing bad ;P

It's a weird injury, it doesn't feel weak or painful under any range of motion I've put it through and that includes the 3 sets of squats right after it happened, including a new weight PR. It just makes me nervous to see the bruising, I've read about peoples knee injuries and I'm not really keen on getting me one of them when I'm making good progress.

I was annoyed it happened this week as I thought I was really getting the form down, the last two weeks I'd just been giving in and letting my torso collapse forward on the way down and GM'ing it back up. I think it was as much mental as physical, I was coming in just looking to survive and get the numbers on the board rather than trying to control the weight.

2009 End Of Year Stats
Weight: 93kg (205lbs)

2009 End Of Year PR's
Deadlift: 95kg (209lbs) x 5
Squat: 80kg (176lbs) x 5
Bench Press: 52.5kg (116lbs) x 5
Overhead Press: 40kg (88lbs) x 5
Front Squat: 70kg (154lbs) x 5
Bent-Over Row: 57.5kg (127lbs) x 5

2009 has been by a distance the best year of my very patchy lifting career, and I only started back sometime around August. I weighed about 80kg when I started so I've gained quite a bit of weight and most of it muscle, although I've definitely softened up a bit in the last few weeks as I haven't been running.

Best Moments
- 80kg Deadlift. 80kg was a big mental barrier for me as when I deadlifted it for 6 way back in '05 I injured my back. The difference between now and then was consistency and patience.
- 95kg Deadlift. Hitting 95kg to lift above bodyweight for the first time is something I'm proud of.
- 80kg Squat. My best squat prior to this run of training was 65kg for 3, so this has been an area of massive improvement. Got to keep working hard on my form.

I've decided not to set specific goals for next year as I tend to obsess about passing meaningless milestones enough as it is.

3/1/09 - Sunday
Running

20 minutes, no sprints.

Stopped once, but on the whole felt a lot better than I expected after about 2 weeks without a run. I've decided to cut my grip work down to twice a week from now on as I think the volume might be hurting my progress.

Wednesday - Pinch grip, lever work
Saturday - Grippers, lever work

Also going to start using the powerball before the session rather than at the end, as that seems to be what others here recommend using it for.

6/1/10 - Wednesday
Powerball

5 minutes each hand to warm up

Pinch Gripping
2x each hand @ 15kg (10kg + 5kg)
6x each hand @ 15kg (5kg + 5kg + 5kg)
2x each hand @ 15kg (10kg + 5kg)

Lever Work
3 Sets @ 3.5kg (1.25kg + 1.25kg + 1kg)

Good session. Might try a 2 or 3 plate 17.5kg soon.

what are you using for your pinch grip, is it two plates with same size but dif weights or some sort of aparatus

what are you using for your pinch grip, is it two plates with same size but dif weights or some sort of aparatus
I just use plates, that's why I always put the breakdown of which plates I used next to the overall weight in brackets. I'm finding 15kg with 3x 5kg plates is a real pain compared to doing it with a 10kg and a 5kg plate just because of having to control an extra plate that my hand doesn't have direct contact with. I'm aiming for a 4x 5kg plate pinch to get my name on the bottom of the hand strength leaderboard.

I kinda want to get into hub pinching too but right now I can't get good enough grip on any of the plates as they either have too small a hub or they weigh too much. I had a look for one of those Ironmind hub things but the only place I could find that sold it over here was charging like

10/1/10 - Sunday
Powerball

Few minutes each hand for warm up

Grippers
1 Sets closes and inverted closes @ HG150
1 Sets closes and inverted closes @ HG200
2 Sets partial closes and inverted closes @ HG250
2 Sets closes and inverted closes @ HG200

Lever Work
2 Sets @ 3.5kg (1.25kg + 1.25kg + 1kg)

I don't enjoy working with the grippers at the moment, it doesn't feel like I've made any progress on them over the last couple of months.

13/1/10 - Wednesday
Powerball

A few minutes with each hand

Pinch Gripping
6x each hand @ 15kg (5kg + 5kg + 5kg)

Lever Work
3 Sets @ 3.5kg (1.25kg + 1.25kg + 1kg)

Tried using 17.5kg (10kg + 5kg + 2.5kg) but couldn't hold it for long enough with either hand to call it a legit set.

17/1/09 - Sunday
Running

20 minutes, no sprints.

Stopped once because of a stabbing stitch. Felt pretty crap but it will get easier now that there's no more snow forecast and I can get back to running twice a week.

Didn't do any grip work this weekend like I should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back