Frustration of losing to "that guy" over and over?

I don't get this ? He's a great athlete that has 8-10 years of wrestling, 6 amateur fights (which means he probably has a couple hundred hours of no gi BJJ) and your wondering why he's beating a white belt whose been to maybe 150 classes ?

Show the man some respect (your basing his skills on what you think they should be instead of what he's actually done)

I don't get this ? He's a great athlete that has 8-10 years of wrestling, 6 amateur fights (which means he probably has a couple hundred hours of no gi BJJ) and your wondering why he's beating a white belt whose been to maybe 150 classes ?

Show the man some respect (your basing his skills on what you think they should be instead of what he's actually done)

^^^This

There's a dan at my main club who I've only ever hit two ippon-worthy throws on, uchi mata gaeshi and Teddy o soto. That's how unsuccessful I typically am against him, in that I can actually still remember the throws that I hit on him.

He's a HW like me, but has boatloads more experience, standing and the ground. To date, I think I'm the only kyu-grade who's ever thrown him, but after training with a guy for years, it can be frustrating that your claim to fame is "The guy who actually managed to throw ____ a couple times." Every round is a lesson in ukemi. I consider it a good round if I manage to avoid getting thrown on my back and/or I get him to stumble.

Things aren't any better in newaza, as he owns me with ease there too.

I consider it a good round if I manage to avoid getting thrown on my back and/or I get him to stumble.

I knew a guy like this... sweet jesus. I never felt so good to get a foot behind his for a trip, just to see someone stumble. And that may have happened twice...

But OP... shut up, train, and do what Holt said. Start in side control, tell him to kimura you to death, you'll learn or you'll get really good at tapping to kimuras.

I just take it as part of the experience. There's always going to be that guy.

There's always someone better, and it's not always best to be the best, because there's always going to be someone who wants to get the best of you.

So don't worry. Use it as motivation, but don't let it consume your mind.

Back