Fuel to Become Fox Sports 2; FX Will No Longer Carry Sports

Ratings are sure to take a hit. It'll be interesting to see if Bellator can out perform a "UFC on Fox Sports 1" event.

"UFC on Fox Sports 2" events will probably have UFC on Fuel type ratings.

I was wonder how happy Fox was with the UFC. Now I'm starting to wonder how happy the UFC is with Fox.

Fox doesn't seem to give a damn about whats good for the UFC. They do things like run Bellator/Spike commercials during UFC on Fox and UFC on FX events. Dana obviously doesn't have ANY say in these matters because thats something he would NEVER approve of.

Spike seems to have been flexible in terms of doing things that would further the UFC's interest such as counter-programming Affliction and Strikeforce cards. I doubt Fox would ever run counter-programming for the UFC against Bellator on FX. They just don't seem to give a damn.

Zuffa gave up major control to get this network deal. And with the ratings not even being better than Spike, I would think that some folks at Zuffa are questioning whether it was worth it. Having a major cable channel like Spike that would bend to its will was a major asset for the UFC.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that we haven't had a "HUGE super secret surprise announcement" about it from Dana White or the UFC. They usually are all over any chance they can get to announce this type of stuff.

Very bad news. Fox is using the UFC to prop up a new network like they did with Fuel. Main Fox and FX was suppose to be the gateway to the mainstream.

Just look at the piss poor ratings that 'NBC Sports' gets now. Even with much more homes then Fuel the UFC is getting lost in the shuffle. Dana got played by the executives, I guess ZUFFA is happy with that fat yearly check from Fox but their product suffers.

Good, if it wasn't for the UFC deal, I would still assume fuel tv is a NASCAR channel.

Any statements on this from the UFC or Dana White? No..... That speaks volumes from a company that holds press conferences to announce they have new action figures coming out.

Ratings are sure to take a hit. It'll be interesting to see if Bellator can out perform a "UFC on Fox Sports 1" event.

"UFC on Fox Sports 2" events will probably have UFC on Fuel type ratings.

I was wonder how happy Fox was with the UFC. Now I'm starting to wonder how happy the UFC is with Fox.

Fox doesn't seem to give a damn about whats good for the UFC. They do things like run Bellator/Spike commercials during UFC on Fox and UFC on FX events. Dana obviously doesn't have ANY say in these matters because thats something he would NEVER approve of.

Spike seems to have been flexible in terms of doing things that would further the UFC's interest such as counter-programming Affliction and Strikeforce cards. I doubt Fox would ever run counter-programming for the UFC against Bellator on FX. They just don't seem to give a damn.

Zuffa gave up major control to get this network deal. And with the ratings not even being better than Spike, I would think that some folks at Zuffa are questioning whether it was worth it. Having a major cable channel like Spike that would bend to its will was a major asset for the UFC.

UFC gets paid either way, I don't think they really care much which cable channel it is. We still get Fox cards on free TV, we are only talking about a handful of events being effected.

Lets also not forget all the local Fox sports affilates that carry sporting events (local basketball, soccer, etc). I assume part of the deal some of those games can be played on there as well.

Just put UFC on a channel most people get alot of people don't have Fuel and that blows for past events and some current ufc stuff.

UFC gets paid either way, I don't think they really care much which cable channel it is. We still get Fox cards on free TV, we are only talking about a handful of events being effected.

Lets also not forget all the local Fox sports affilates that carry sporting events (local basketball, soccer, etc). I assume part of the deal some of those games can be played on there as well.

yes the deal calls for the major sports like baseball, college football, soccer, I know Fox has secured the rights to the 2018 world cup I think. They have nascar and will look to build them up to compete with ESPN.

So its gonna be on a network with sports but the problem everyone feels is dropping from a major network in 100 mill homes to a sports network, a new network in 80 something million homes.

People feel the ratings will go down but UFC hasnt exactly killed it on FX. Its possible in the short term they take a hit but if over the next few years Fox builds these sports networks up and UFC is being shown alongside major sports they can get more fans to watch.

I dont care, I have Speed now and this only helps my chances of getting Fuel/FS2 on Comcast so for me it doesnt change a thing, it can only help.

I think The guys at Fox Sports know what they are doing, they know the plan and we'll see what happens.

Any statements on this from the UFC or Dana White? No..... That speaks volumes from a company that holds press conferences to announce they have new action figures coming out.

They arent doing it till the summer and I think the big launch is the 2014 superbowl so its not like they need to announce anything anytime soon.

We'll get details when Fox is about ready to launch in the summer.

Wonder if they will or can go back to the "Ultimate Fight Night" title or if theyll make a new one.

Calling an event "Ufc on Fox sports 2 10", 11, 12 etc. sounds ridiculous.

I have to pay extra for the Fuel(which the only think I would watch it is the UFC). However, since I dont pay for Fuel, Im not going to pay extra for Fox Sports 2. I dont see why they just cant keep everything on FX.(double negative sentence. I havent had my icecream yet)

Back