Fundora's eyes

that Indian

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Fundora looks like he is very near-sighted. His glasses are enormous and he seems to never take them off, unless he is actually fighting.

Even in the post-ring interview with Spence he was squinting around struggling to see him. Given his visual deficits, does this compromise his abilities?

I'm sure that shot selection, distance management (especially fighting at length) and reading the opponent are much harder with such poor visual acuity.

I can't recall any elite fighter with such poor vision...

Fundora looks like he is very near-sighted. His glasses are enormous and he seems to never take them off, unless he is actually fighting.

Even in the post-ring interview with Spence he was squinting around struggling to see him. Given his visual deficits, does this compromise his abilities?

I'm sure that shot selection, distance management (especially fighting at length) and reading the opponent are much harder with such poor visual acuity.

Charles Oliveira had horrible vision most his life and only recently got it fixed.

Fundora should too, he has money now.

Medical technology has advanced a lot.

exactly my point! Look at Matt Hamill--he beat the GOAT Jon Jones. Now imagine if he had full, stereoscopic hearing?
Pfft he got lucky.
Aljo Sterling has perfected the ancient blowjob technique of dispair.

How bad can your eyes be until a commission won't grant you a llicense?

Joe Frazier and Sugar Ray Seales were pretty much blind in one eye and still got licensed, these days I would think things are a little more strict but if a fighter can bring money in that skews everything.

doubt if it does him any good that's for sure, I would think a lot of things could be managed, but that doesn't make them ideal. If he can get his eyes worked on he should. I don't know who the guy is and never saw him fight, but obviously, it doesn't help him.

Joe Frazier was blind in, I believe it was his right eye, and Ali shut his other eye in Manila and that was the main determining factor in Futch deciding to stop the fight knowing he was sending a completely blind fighter out for a beating. Of course, if you're any kind of fighter, you're gonna be pissed and Joe was. Carmen Basilio had a swollen eye, I believe in one of the Ray Robinson fights, his cornerman told him he was gonna stop it and he told him, "if you do I'll never talk to you again" and later, he said that his words were , "if you do you better get out of this ring before I do". Fighters are often stupidly stubborn. It's one of those things with boxers. It's why we love them though.

In the old days they'd just memorize the eye charts, these days, it's probably different. Like I say, depends on the money involved, if you are a nobody they don't care if you don't fight or you do and they might paradoxically have more problems. With someone like an Ali, who should have never been licensed to fight Holmes, the rules are skewed.

Back