Movies FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA (Second Official Trailer, post #237)

Can't believe people are actually finding things to bitch about this movie (that isn't even out yet). Fury Road was one of the greatest action movies of all time and from pre-production to final product was an absolute shit show to make. Miller is 9+ years older now, he's not a young guy, I think it's worth giving him a pass on using a bit more visual effects vs practical stunts since it will be easier and safer. But Fury Road did an excellent job of blending real stunts with CGI so I have all the faith in the world that this will be stunning to see in theaters.

Fury Road is a movie that all conventional wisdom says should be impossible to pull off and Miller did it anyway. If you go back and look at interviews even Tom Hardy says that he thought it was insane and would never work since he really didn't get the essence of it until he saw the finished movie himself. I think people are definitely jumping the gun in thinking this will somehow be trash when Miller has a very solid track record. Will it be as good as Fury Road? Probably not but if its even half as good (and I suspect it will be much better than that), that would still be worth seeing.

So many dogshit superhero movies and Star Wars streaming shows get pounded into the universe and a movie finally comes along from a classic beloved franchise going back to the 70's with now only 5 films to its name, and people are saying this is a bad thing? how? Fury Road was almost a decade ago, it's not like I have fatigue from this universe yet.

Can't believe people are actually finding things to bitch about this movie (that isn't even out yet). Fury Road was one of the greatest action movies of all time and from pre-production to final product was an absolute shit show to make. Miller is 9+ years older now, he's not a young guy, I think it's worth giving him a pass on using a bit more visual effects vs practical stunts since it will be easier and safer. But Fury Road did an excellent job of blending real stunts with CGI so I have all the faith in the world that this will be stunning to see in theaters.

Fury Road is a movie that all conventional wisdom says should be impossible to pull off and Miller did it anyway. If you go back and look at interviews even Tom Hardy says that he thought it was insane and would never work since he really didn't get the essence of it until he saw the finished movie himself. I think people are definitely jumping the gun in thinking this will somehow be trash when Miller has a very solid track record. Will it be as good as Fury Road? Probably not but if its even half as good (and I suspect it will be much better than that), that would still be worth seeing.

So many dogshit superhero movies and Star Wars streaming shows get pounded into the universe and a movie finally comes along from a classic beloved franchise going back to the 70's with now only 5 films to its name, and people are saying this is a bad thing? how? Fury Road was almost a decade ago, it's not like I have fatigue from this universe yet.
because mayberry is full of insecure whining dorks who think they’re on the front lines of some bullshit crusade against phantom wokeness

RVFL.gif
My body is ready

Dune 2 and furiosa are probably the only two films I'm watching this year maybe Deadpool 3 if that doesn't turn out to be a neutered politically correct badly written pile of cow poop which I suspect it will be.

yeah, i’m sure 80yo rich-beyond-his-dreams George Miller finally cracked. they finally got ‘im!!

you sound ridiculous.
Your white knighting, and apparent defensiveness for theatre is exponentially more ridiculous, but we won’t go that deep. Enjoy the show!

Well said.

If you have not already read it, I recommend Blood, Sweat & Chrome. It chronicles the extremely long development and production of Fury Road. It is a fun read.

To your Tom Hardy point, he was bewildered by a lot of the shots which were so short that it was difficult for the actors to understand what was happening. More broadly, he was frequently unprofessional during the shoot while Theron was the opposite. I think Hardy has admitted as much after the film wrapped.

Your white knighting, and apparent defensiveness for theatre is exponentially more ridiculous, but we won’t go that deep. Enjoy the show!
you’re just too insecure to admit that it’s possible you’re wrong, so you’re doubling, tripling down, w/ zero behavioral or occupational tendencies of Miller to justify your sour whiny puss attitude

"SHE WILL RETURN".................ye after a nuclear war women are gonna rise up and become strong leaders and beat men. Havnt they learned their lesson from all the marvel strong women savior bombs.
Well it is fantasy because this shit wouldnt happen in real life. Still looks watchable tho I think Anyas hot she can come beat me up and maintain dominion over me anytime.
Edit I forgot about Tina Turner doing it so ok fine. WE NEED THIS SONG OOOOOOO RIP Tina

guaranteed an Aileen Wuernos would’ve had 4-5 bullets in your skull before you even finished crying from your dick.

you’re just too insecure to admit that it’s possible you’re wrong, so you’re doubling, tripling down, w/ zero behavioral or occupational tendencies of Miller to justify your sour whiny puss attitude
It’s an opinion dipshit….you obviously have real issues with people who opine about your Hollywood heroes…take a nap chief.

Haha. A Mad Max movie with no Mad Max? No thanks. The last movie was alright, but I shall skip this. Wide eyed weirdo 100 pound girl boss? Hard Pass.

Lol lay u down u weak little punk you arent even worthy to speak to me. Go pout some more bout people making fun of your pathetic woke opinions.
Do you enjoy talking shit hiding behind a computer? Well thats all you got dweeb.
Ive never said anything to you dunno what hole you crawled out of to think you can insult me.
Ill jump outta ya closet and beat you so bad youll run upstairs crying to your momma.
You are whats wrong with sherdog. A punk talking shit hiding behind his computer because thats
the only place he can talk shit.
go read one of your cornball self help books bruv & sit the fuck down

It’s an opinion dipshit….you obviously have real issues with people who opine about your Hollywood heroes…take a nap chief.
no, that’s actually not an opinion

Haha. A Mad Max movie with no Mad Max? No thanks. The last movie was alright, but I shall skip this. Wide eyed weirdo 100 pound girl boss? Hard Pass.
nah, it’s a Furiosa movie.

You have dozens of shelves of action figures on display in your abode, amirite?

<36>

You have dozens of shelves of action figures on display in your abode, amirite?

<36>
yeah, i’m a fuckin’ autistic loser, so what? at least i understand the difference between passing a judgment via declarative statement & expressing a personal opinion

yeah, i’m a fuckin’ autistic loser, so what? at least i understand the difference between passing a judgment via declarative statement & expressing a personal opinion
Nice chatting, champ. I'll eagerly await your unbiased review when it drops!

Then why is it literally called, "A Mad Max Saga"?

It would bomb without the MM name. It will bomb anyway.

Sure Charlize felt great to hear George Miller say that technology isn't advanced enough yet to make her look 20 years younger.
That’s brutal. They don’t have the tech. Lol They made Arnold a young dude in terminator salvation. Almost realistic. Maybe they just didn’t want to pay Charlize the money she asked for.
Fury road is a furiousa movie with mad max as a co star. Well that’s what I got out of it. It was her story and he just caught a ride.
Maybe she was just hard to deal with. Acting like a bitch behind the scenes. I can’t wait to see immortan Joes whores

Back