Fury vs Wilder was a complete slopfest

Tyson Fury 6'9" 85" reach. Iron chin, defensively elite, hugely effective jab, ring general, moves like a MW.
Iron Mike 5'10" 74" reach. Wild hand speed and tight combos wouldn't be enough to overcome Fury's inherent skills and size.
Fury seems to have taken modern 'big man' boxing to the next level

It’s pretty hard for me to imagine mike Tyson beating Tyson fury and I’m one of Mike Tyson’s biggest fans ever
Mike Tyson had amazing head movement and his speed was on level with a middleweight. A prime Tyson (before his rape charges) could have beaten big lumoxes like Fury.

It’s pretty hard for me to imagine mike Tyson beating Tyson fury and I’m one of Mike Tyson’s biggest fans ever

Mike Tyson is the most athletic and most skilled heavyweight fighter ever

Vastly more technical the Fury
Way quicker
Hits harder

Why would it be hard to imagine him beating Fury? Have you actually seen either of the people fight more than 5 times. Go and watch Fury's last 5 fights skipping the wilder ones

Iron Mike would put a beating on him

Sure. Wouldn’t gas out at all after hitting air for 4-5 rounds
I doubt Ngannou's microscopic gas tank would last 4 to 5 3-minute rounds.

Probably 2 to 3 rounds and then he's exhausted.
- Except he *thinks* he is God's gift to HW UFC and apparently HW Boxing too.

Every now and then, there comes a retarded inbred ignorant comment from the MMA community about boxing.
Here is one of them in full display.

And yet...Fury/Wilder this weekend completely obliterated the UFC viewership for their pathetic little event.
I know, this creates resentment. "Boxing is supposed to be dead dammit!!!" <45>

Go to bed OP. Take a xanax. Relax.
I'm sorry to break it to you but Boxing is here to stay and is the Sport of Legends...

Facts are facts, kid. I can tell by your tryhard comment that I triggered the fuck out of you.

Last edited:

Mike Tyson & Fury are a Nightmare for most HWs … would still watch.

Mike Tyson was so explosive and fast … im sure he could give him some Problems and even beat him, but it is easier said than done.

size matters.

I hadn't watched boxing in years, my god how the talent has gone downhill. A prime Mike Tyson would have completely starched today's heavyweight division.

I find it hilarious that people actually think these two slop fest boxers would have a remote chance in MMA. They'd get taken down, easily, and get absolutely wrecked.

The way they boxed, I wouldn't be completely surprised if someone knocked them the fuck out standing.

Wasn't this same thread posted yesterday ?

Like the exact same words ?

Mike Tyson had amazing head movement and his speed was on level with a middleweight. A prime Tyson (before his rape charges) could have beaten big lumoxes like Fury.

Mike Tyson is the most athletic and most skilled heavyweight fighter ever

Vastly more technical the Fury
Way quicker
Hits harder

Why would it be hard to imagine him beating Fury? Have you actually seen either of the people fight more than 5 times. Go and watch Fury's last 5 fights skipping the wilder ones

Iron Mike would put a beating on him
Tyson fury is a foot taller, has a 14 inch reach advantage, is ridiculously quick for his size and has an amazing jab. His foot work and head movement for a man that enormous is unheard of. Mike Tyson would have a very, VERY tough time landing a solid punch.

Francis beats them both ... on the same night ... under boxing rules ... even with those pillows they call gloves
Then why doesn’t he? Fury and Wilder made probably 50 X’s in that fight then Francis makes for his UFC fight. Why not just go to boxing?

even if you go back half a century
people praise furys stamina and movement and on saturday his jab as well

comparison is better to make with Ali then with tyson. Ali's movement, jab, speed, precision..........it doesnt seem that where hw boxing is right now, that it has evolved, but devolved

and even if you compare their antics......fury has got something going and creates a buzz....but sucking up to the american people by singing american pie is still nothing compared to the funny rhymes and stories ali brought to the table.

but maybe its not fair to compare in the first place.

Prime Lennox Lewis would be a tougher fight for Fury than Mike imo

I loved watching Iron Mike and all, but Fury is too big, too strong, and too technically skilled. Mike would've had his moments, but I think you're right. Lewis would've been a much tougher fight for Fury.

Some of you need to keep in mind that Fury implemented a new style against Wilder. That was really the first time he ever fought like that. He can fight moving forward and off his back foot. That's rare. Fury is hands down the best hw in boxing right now.

Name me one Elite fighter ever beaten by Mike Tyson....

I love Tyson, I grew up watching him on TV decimate everybody but crying about a shit HW division while his best 'Prime ' wins were beating the likes of Razor ruddock,Mitch Green,an LHW in Michael Spinks. 38 year old Larry Holmes is hindsight at its finest (Fury beats ALL of those too)
I love Mike Tyson I slept outside his hotel as a 15 year old to meet him like a weirdo. But at this point hes half truth and half myth and a go to for anyone who doesnt know what theyre talking about to go 'MikE TySon in HIS PriME Wud BeAt evErybody'
Thats not to see he wouldnt/couldnt have beat Fury or Wilder. But its all based on him beating average to good but not great fighters (That was his prime years) and not on the basis of what he did to any Top TOP fighters.

Last edited:
The outcome on Saturdsy night was as expected, the one who can box won the boxing match.

Wilder has a gift from god in that right hand power, but is technically inept as a boxer. Its testament to the state of boxing and this endless desire to maintain the "0" in your record that he went 41 fights with 40 knockouts before facing a half decent fighter.

He has had 43 (?) Fights total and the only two decent fighters he has faced are Ortiz and Fury. Says it all. Fury beat him twice, but got rinsed by the judges

well aparently you dont know much about boxing or mma. but keep watching, you will learn eventually.

I hadn't watched boxing in years, my god how the talent has gone downhill. A prime Mike Tyson would have completely starched today's heavyweight division.

I find it hilarious that people actually think these two slop fest boxers would have a remote chance in MMA. They'd get taken down, easily, and get absolutely wrecked.

The way they boxed, I wouldn't be completely surprised if someone knocked them the fuck out standing.
Fury is pure class, and savage. You are just hurting which is ok.

Yes OP, every HW boxing match up to 1996? (whats your cut off point?) was a technical chess match. Nobody had any flaws, nobody was ever sloppy. Even marginal fighters who just happened to be around in that era would dominate absolutely everybody today.

Tl;dr: OK boomer.

LMAO NO!

What we saw was boxings answer to Cain/JDS 2 and 3.

Fury took that mans soul and was having fun doing it...he was in no rush to finish Wilder, just wanted to punish him.

Back