FW Champ Max Holloway claps back at LW champ Connor, says he is thinking about move to 155

usa-today-7386978.0.jpg

Last edited:
After Frankie beats him, he can move up to 155

god the fucking clickbait that interview has produced is unbelievable. He doesn't say anything about moving to 155 except that samoans like to eat. He's mostly talking about the ridiculousness of Conor still saying he's the FW champ. and

"I’m growing, so if that fight happens, it’s probably at (155). Don’t forget your boy is Hawaiian and Samoan. I love to eat. Lightweight is not out of the question.”
Every article headline is, "Max wants rematch with Conor! at LW!" he doesn't say anything like that. He just won the belt FFS. he needs to defend it a few times before moving up. The amount of clickbait titles on MMajunkie, Bloodyelbow and mmafighting is getting out of hand.

I hope it happens. It'll give connie an easy win or a very satisfying loss!!!

No one who uses the term "claps back" has ever written or said something worth reading or hearing.

He’s gotta dispatch Frankie first which I’m not sure he can do.

But if he does, yes please!

This version of Holloway vs Conor is a great fight, should be a lot closer than their first meeting.

I say:
- Conor beats him at 155
- Max wins at 145

Max was only 2 years removed from being a teenager in their first fight so people acting like their rematch wouldn't be competitive are retarded. Max also doesn't suffer from cardio issues, unlike Conor.
I agree with this. Max might even win at 155 as well. I don't think Conor has the footwork/healthy knees or cardio he once did.

Holloway has already beaten most 145ers. It's only a matter of time before he gets that 155 suoerfight at this rate

Didn't have the slightest clue Holloway was Samoan

You got a lot more eating to do Max before being close to a normal sized one

I grew up around a lot of them and rarely are they as small as Holloway

I used to know a skinny one I worked with that beat a dude's ass over basically nothing so even the smaller ones are game

Fighting a Samoan usually doesn't turn out well, at least from my experience with them

Good people, nice people, but don't piss them off

No version of Max is close to Conors level.

This version of Holloway

There is no new version of Holloway. Holloway won all the fights since Conor because he could forward pressure his opponent and they eventually couldn't keep up. Same way he was winning before Conor, and same way he tried to beat Conor.

In the Conor fight though Conor successfully put him on his backfoot through his own pressure and Max couldn't get off or got disrupted whenever he tried to.

It's not that Max suddenly reinvented himself, it's that nobody's been able to disrupt him as Conor did. If Conor can still stop his disrupt his pressure like he did last time the fight still goes the same way and Max suddenly looks "bad" compared to how he does against other fighters.

There is no new version of Holloway. Holloway won all the fights since Conor because he could forward pressure his opponent and they eventually couldn't keep up. Same way he was winning before Conor, and same way he tried to beat Conor.

In the Conor fight though Conor successfully put him on his backfoot through his own pressure and Max couldn't get off or got disrupted whenever he tried to.

It's not that Max suddenly reinvented himself, it's that nobody's been able to disrupt him as Conor did. If Conor can still stop his disrupt his pressure like he did last time the fight still goes the same way and Max suddenly looks "bad" compared to how he does against other fighters.
Jose Aldo was doing good with max for the first two rounds until he couldn't keep up with the pace and gassed. He doesn't have Conor's punching power but he also could have, and imo should have tried to take down Holloway at least like mcgregor did

Like this rematch. Blessed is 100x better since the first fight. Would be a war. Got Mcgregor , but it might be close.

It's a fight he can get but I don't see him being a big enough name and draw to bypass the names at LW. He should defend his belt and wait till Conor sorts shit out at LW.

It's just terrible that Max is choosing to not defend his title and instead to chase money fights. What a jerk.

Back