FX's LEGION (Season 3 Premieres June 24, 2019)

Very stylish. The characters are pretty interesting. Glad they mixed in the super hero stuff at the end. Thought the first couple of eps would be in the metal hospital. Will keep watching.

45 minutes in show is a mindf#ck like Mr.robot with mutants. anither parallel to mr.robot is the cinematography and the cool music the narrator is also mentally ill so we can't rely on what he is seeing. The women are also sexy like plaza she plays the role of crazy too well it is hot.

Loved the first episode. Loved the visual style and music from Noah Hawley, it's like Fargo but to taken to the extreme.

Based on the first few minutes, you can immediately tell that this show is going to be special and the first season will likely be great.

FX-Legion-banner.jpg

I thought it was OK if kind of hard to follow. What I hate about FX is how they shift commercials to the end of shows. It seemed like 10 minutes of content in the last 30 minutes.

I don't know anything about Legion. What I assumed would be the female lead, Rachael Keller as Syd Barret, is only listed as being in Chapters 1,2 and 4.

I thought it was OK if kind of hard to follow.
Yeah, same here. I didn't get 100% what transpired after watching it and I had to think about it for a while and piece together the story afterwards.

I thought it was OK if kind of hard to follow. What I hate about FX is how they shift commercials to the end of shows. It seemed like 10 minutes of content in the last 30 minutes.

I don't know anything about Legion. What I assumed would be the female lead, Rachael Keller as Syd Barret, is only listed as being in Chapters 1,2 and 4.
I didn't have this problem, but I downloaded it with no commercials. I thought it was really well paced - I actually liked it best before the last 15 minutesish

Thought it was 10/10 . Very different, very well made/acted.

Question though..
Were the people/mutants that rescued him at the end real, or just some of his various personas?

Question though..
Were the people/mutants that rescued him at the end real, or just some of his various personas?
Based how he is in the comics I want to say the ladder. Not sure myself though. Since FX is owned by Fox hope to see some cameos with actors from the movies.

Question though..
I think they're real
Though obviously that's an assumption - and that uncertainty is part of the show.

I didn't have this problem, but I downloaded it with no commercials. I thought it was really well paced - I actually liked it best before the last 15 minutesish

It was 90 minutes on FX.

It was 90 minutes on FX.
yeah only slightly over an hour for me, that's a lot of ad time.
Good to know though, I was going to start catching it live - but I'll just wait and stream or download methinks

Based how he is in the comics I want to say the ladder. Not sure myself though. Since FX is owned by Fox hope to see some cameos with actors from the movies.

I was trying to figure out how a ladder fits in then I realized you meant latter.
<[analyzed}>

yeah only slightly over an hour for me, that's a lot of ad time.
Good to know though, I was going to start catching it live - but I'll just wait and stream or download methinks

Yes, FX is about the worst for shifting commercials to the end of programs and movies. They'll show the start with no commercials until they get you hooked. Near the end, they show 1 minute of the program then 5 minutes of commercials.

I don't know much about the comic book and how it relates to the X-men but that was one of the most engaging first episodes for a series premiere

I was trying to figure out how a ladder fits in then I realized you meant latter.
<[analyzed}>
Haha sorry about that. I always just put ladder because when I heard the saying no one ever enunciated the t.

Watching the first episode tonight. Looking forward to it.:cool:

This has the potential to be fucking great.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode.

Last edited:
I'm a bit bummed about Plaza's character dying, but as long as she still shows up, only in his head, I'm happy.

Also, one thing that I think might get old after a while is the constant uncertainty about what's real and what's not. It's similar to late first season and onwards Mr. Robot. While it's an interesting narrative style if done right, it can be a bit much after a while if not kept in check.

Overall though, I love the directing, cinematography, acting, etc... if nothing else, this show will be interesting from a visual perspective.

Back