Gabrielle Garcia vs Valentina Shevchenko

Valentina by TKO (USADA) 0:00 Rd 1

... unless Garcia snitched to get past USADA, I guess. Hmm, Gabi Garcia snitching on other Brazilians? Talk about a target rich environment... she could buy a lifetime pass...

While the spinning back kick to the knee would be impressive if she connects, that's a pretty small target for a fast spinning back kick. An accumulation of kicks to the knees and lower legs might be more attainable and if Gabi bends over to catch it a knee to the face.

the speed difference will allow it I think.
and yes thats a good path as well I agree.

Given that Gabi lost to Mackenzie Dern, I'm not sure how valid that statement is.

Sure, but it was due to the exploitation of a brand new rule. Gabi lost a point for talking to the ref at the beginning of the bout and Dern did nothing but defend to win. Dern had lost their previous 4 meetings.

So yeah, maybe Valentina could win through some unlikely series of events, but if they fought ten times I'd expect Gabi to win almost all via vastly superior size and jujitsu. That despite Valentina being a vastly superior martial artist.

Valentina doesn't have a lot of power and Gabi has a legit 100lbs on her and is a BJJ black belt.

Wand looks tiny next to her.

images

Or with Crocop

cro-cop-gabi-garcia-fedor-emelianenko-minotaur.jpg

Still don't see it. Val can stay at range and whip kicks at her legs for three rounds. Gabby is not built for speed and plods around the ring like a bell cow. Just stay out of grasp and pick her apart.

Back