Media Gaethje agrees with my take, believes Oliviera still has quit in him

drbolony

-Cautious Alex's Kickboxing Coach-
@Gold
Reaction score

I should clarify, I'm not sure if Oliviera still has quit in him, but I don't believe the Chandler fight proved otherwise.

Imo Chandler had in lapse in judgment going for the gnp when he could've stood Oliviera up while he was hurt. He wasn't able to land anything effective on the ground and allowed Oliviera to recover. After Chandler burned himself out, Charles came back in the second and landed that beautiful left hook.

Charles deserves all the love he gets for being a finisher and always being in exciting fights, this is just something that been bugging me since May, and a pro-fighter (top 3 at that) is an excellent co-signer to have.

I should clarify, I'm not sure if Oliviera still has quit in him, but I don't believe the Chandler fight proved otherwise.

Imo Chandler had in lapse in judgment going for the gnp when he could've stood Oliviera up while he was hurt. He wasn't able to land anything effective on the ground and allowed Oliviera to recover. After Chandler burned himself out, Charles came back in the second and landed that beautiful left hook.

Charles deserves all the love he gets for being a finisher and always being in exciting fights, this is just something that been bugging me since May, and a pro-fighter (top 3 at that) is an excellent co-signer to have.

If anything, he showed he could turn a fight around.

He is a dangerous finisher. Even if he still "has quit in him" or whatever, how many fighters can do anything about it?

He is almost "kill or be killed"

"Kill or be killed.... or be convinced that you are probably gonna get killed and why keep taking a beating"

If anything, he showed he could turn a fight around.

He is a dangerous finisher. Even if he still "has quit in him" or whatever, how many fighters can do anything about it?
Im not hating man, I agree. He's a great champion to have, he's exciting. I just think the narrative floating around here about Charles overcoming this is premature.
Say what? Ok Gaethje whatever you say lol
I like Oliviera man, can you look at that part of his mental game objectively and say he's overcome that after his last several performances? If you can I'm open to having my opinion changed.

Getting knocked on his ass by teymur, then standing up, marching him down, rocking him and then submitting him wasn't enough to convince you. Having a grueling 3 round back and forth fight against Lee wasn't enough for you. Getting his head beat like a drum by chandler, then coming back and finishing him in round 2 wasn't enough for you.

What do you need? your stubborn bias has you waiting for a new example to validate your opinion all while ignoring the contradictory showings from Do bronx in present time.

Not sure how that's relevant? In his short time here Gaethje has beaten better opposition.

Gaethje fought Oliviera?

Khabib is the greatest, pressure too much, smesh everybody.

No one has bothered to watch a clip that I time stamped.
Better opposition being who? MJ who rocked the shit out of him multiple times before he headbutted him? Barboza who he eye poked? James Vick? Washed Cerrone? Tony who Oliveira beat in way more dominant fashion?

Better opposition being who? MJ who rocked the shit out of him multiple times before he headbutted him? Barboza who he eye poked? James Vick? Washed Cerrone? Tony who Oliveira beat in way more dominant fashion?
That's a lot of excuses lol

he said chandler showed that oliveira is a quitter, but Charles beat Chandler lol.

Don't forget when Gaethje said Oliveira was the toughest matchup in the LW division lol.

He's projecting. Buddy sounds like he's fearful of Charles' Grappling.

Last edited:
Oliveira's last performance was the epitome of resiliency. He ate Chandler's biggest punch on 3 separate occasions and not only lived to tell the tale, but he came back & won the fight!

I guess Dan Hooker is an even bigger quitter? I use to be a big fan of Gaethje but he has really become annoying, kinda hoping Chandler pulls off the upset.

Good job by Chandler, the guy was the face of Bellator, and in two fights he's accepted as a legit top 5 LW in the UFC, like he's been here forever.

Oliveira has more heart than gaethje.

Gaethje quit against khabib....and now is constantly asskissing khabib to lessen the loss, pathetic.

Gaethje IMO quit against alavarez/dustin too.

Oliveria has legit comebacks....gaethjes chin/heart quits thus he has never really done an oliveriaesque comeback.

Last edited:
he said chandler showed that oliveira is a quitter, but Charles beat Chandler lol.
Yeah this part I did t get at all. If he said he believes he still has quit then I'd agree he might but to say a fight he was faced with advertise and prevailed is an example is ain stupid. Charles doesn't have the quit he used to that's for damn sure but I'm not 100% he won't fold again. Either way I'm happy as hell for him he won the title and absolutely always love his fights.

Back