Gaethje got sparked by a Featherweight

Moving up one weight class isn't necessarily a death sentence. Many factors play into a fight, and it doesn't necessarily matter if you're bigger, and, presumably, stronger, if you're getting consistently beat to the punch.

Top 3 featherweights are a different breed.

Volk and Max have shown they can hang with the best lightweights and i'm sure Topuria could as well. These lighter guys have insane speed advantages, Justin looked notably slower than Max in every exchange.

I know that this is not going to be a popular take but I feel that, solely because of how easily Volk won their last fight, Volk's value has been exaggerated and Max's value has consequently been depressed.

Yes, everyone accepted Max as the clear number two, but he is more than that imo. He is just a good, or maybe even better than Volk. Their third fight was lopsided because Max got cut early and it really affected him. Barring something like that, any fight between those two is going to be razor close. I am not saying this because Volk just lost two in a row and appears to be declining. It's just that Max keeps on proving that he is a lot better that what he showed in their third fight and I think that this is being overlooked.

I was not impressed by the way Justin was fighting. He kept ducking into the spinning kick which was intended for his body and taking it on his head. He didn't assert dominance like Poirier did in rd1 and let Max catch his rhythm. Also wtf was his corner saying he I'd doing good when he was down like 3 or 4 rounds? As soon as he lost 3 rounds I knew he is losing.

Just like Freire put Chandler to sleep an woke him up in 2min.

I know that this is not going to be a popular take but I feel that, solely because of how easily Volk won their last fight, Volk's value has been exaggerated and Max's value has consequently been depressed.

Yes, everyone accepted Max as the clear number two, but he is more than that imo. He is just a good, or maybe even better than Volk. Their third fight was lopsided because Max got cut early and it really affected him. Barring something like that, any fight between those two is going to be razor close. I am not saying this because Volk just lost two in a row and appears to be declining. It's just that Max keeps on proving that he is a lot better that what he showed in their third fight and I think that this is being overlooked.

The first fight wasnt controversial or hard to score even. Volk just had Max's number, and max admitted that volk just had better gameplans in each of the fights. What really happened was that people assumed max lost a step because volk beat him, when really they should have just been praising volk.

Max should stay at LW with that KO power. Max starches Alex at 155, believe it

Lol you guys are so fuckin disrespectful. Max is one of the best fighters of all time. Not just some fw.
It's normal, it's just their way of coping. When Makhachev beat Volkanovski twice, the haters put a stamp on Volkanovski like he was some bum FW, entirely forgot he was arguably number 1 p4p and was a champion. You'll see a lot more of this on Holloway & Gaethje for the next few weeks.

The first fight wasnt controversial or hard to score even. Volk just had Max's number, and max admitted that volk just had better gameplans in each of the fights. What really happened was that people assumed max lost a step because volk beat him, when really they should have just been praising volk.
Look at all the different types of fighters and styles that Holloway has beaten, he's still beating contenders and top fighters. Most fans are just fickle, Volkanovski might just be a bad matchup for Holloway.

Maybe Max is just getting better? He's only 32.

As the world's biggest Volk fan I can't stand some of Max's fans making him look bad. Pull your fucking heads in

300K FoTN . Dustin & Conor were FWs too. While it was expensive Dana got the epic battle and finishes to make UFC300 special.

Back