Gaethje is going to take Rafael's legs away

I hope Chandler made a good decision. Connor isn't in the testing pool yet for all his talk. It could be a while before that fight, if ever.

Yeh, I'm not even sure I give that fight even a 50% chance of happening. Just never know with Conor.

Then again, Chandler is small and will probably come to stand and trade, and he's super hittable. It's a winnable fight for Conor and should be tempting enough.

And we all know he'll get a title shot if he wins lol.

That's a fair reply, I don't think he's taken tons of calf kicks but the guys literally been in there and won vs Lumpinee stadium champions in Thailand. I feel like the ability to lift your leg and check them, the reaction time and awareness of low kicks will still be there from Fiziev. Honestly I think the biggest factor for me is Fiziev puts his strikes together very well, intelligent punching and real quality combination work. Gaethje throws a lot of big single shots, the most you see from him is typically 2 and 3 strike combinations where Fiziev can throw 3-4-5-6 strike combinations without getting off balance, wild and needing to reset. I guess what I mean is, if Gaethje gets hurt Fiziev will do a much better job keeping him hurt and probably finishing him than a guy like Chandler or Michael Johnson. People have been bringing up Fiziev's cardio but honestly, Gaethje's has been consistently worse excluding the Ferguson fight. Another thing I don't see people mentioning is Gaethje often uses a high guard and tries to just sorta block or meet offense with offense, he has not much defense...Fiziev is going to rip that body hard if he feels comfortable in the pocket and I don't think Gaethje is ready for it.

I'm ready to eat crow if Gaethje wins this but I think he's getting picked apart and beat down.

I have seen Thais brought down by low kicks but never calf kicks. And it isn't because MMA guys invented something that the Thais haven't thought of. Calf kicks are only a cheat code against inexperienced kickboxers who pervade the mma ranks.

checked or not, justins leg kicks are a thing
No they're not. They only work on MMA fighters with little or no MT background. You should watch some MT fights from Thailand. You will understand... and Fiziev actually won some fights in Thailand...

Gaethje's kicks will ultimately win him the fight. You heard it first.
His kicks are going to take away a professional Muay Thai fighter/coaches legs away? Okay

Last edited:
Gaethe best weapon is his kicks

however - they will not work against fiziev …. Watch Moicano fight or all of fizievs fights

guy is the coach at the best Maui Thai gym in the world - or one of

he will smoke gaethe easily

I admire Justin’s inner dog and warrior heart …. But he has no chance at all here … I already placed over a G on fiziev …. My slips are in the betting forum here

Then why did he get TKO'd by a kick already in the UFC?

too bad this fight isnt five rounds, I think fiz will break in the later rounds, havent seen him put up a high paced fight before.
Justin doesn't have that great of cardio either.

No. Fiziev is muay thai base and will check his kicks. Gaethje couldn't even get his kicks going vs Olivera because Olivera checked all his kicks after Gaethje landed one leg kick. Gaethje's leg kicking game only works on fighters that don't know how to check kicks. Won't work vs muay thai based fighters like Fizeiv. Gaethje throws naked leg kicks and doesn't do combos with leg kicks. Fizeiv is used to a higher level kicking game from his muay thai career prior to mma/UFC.

Then how did it work well vs Barbosa who's got among the best kicking games in the UFC?

No they're not. They only work on MMA fighters with little or no MT background. You should watch some MT fights from Thailand. You will understand... and Fiziev actually won some fights in Thailand...

What about Barbosa lol?? He landed several hard ones on him.

Gaethje is getting TKO’d, you heard it here first.

I’m not really that impressed with Fiziev, just have a feeling he will catch him.

Then why did he get TKO'd by a kick already in the UFC?

4 years ago he got caught with a slick spinning back kick …. Still didn’t go out …

it wasn’t leg kicks

And it was from a very dangerous finisher ….

gaethe ain’t gunna be throwing unpredictable spinning back kicks ….. he’ll be throwing predictable leg kicks that fiziev has shown defense for in the past

as for barboza …. Barboza has crumbled to every fighter that has pressured him … he’s never shown the defense and composure that fiziev has shown

Weird seeing how many people are counting Gaethje out in this one. I think it's a bad stylistic matchup for him. But he's only lost to the best in the last few years, and he's hurt pretty much all of them. This will be a huge test for Fiziev.
They're both gunna have to walk through fire to win.

Fiziev is the rightful favorite, but the voices in my head are telling me Gaethje shoots tds and gets Fizzy preoccipied with checking leg kicks before delivering a magnificent uppercut for the ko

People thought the same thing about Edson Barboza
Yep, and too many are forgetting about Giga Chikadze … Both he and Barboza look flawless on the feet when controlling distance and both were Kickboxers prior to MMA. Pressure can make kickers look beatable and head movement is a must when a pure Kickboxer transitions to MMA. I need to see how Fiziev deals with pressure before I anoint him like some are doing. Fiziev has been finished, he’s shown to be hittable, and hasn’t fought anyone (depending on how you feel about RDA) … I could see another Giga; but I’m not confident or rich enough to bet with are betting Sherdogger …

Gaethje was out leg kicked by Chandler of all ppl. All kicks checked by Charles too. Fizievs won't go out like that

Here is an fun video of a Thai adopting calf kicks in international competition. The Japanese guy was actually confused and fought in a more traditional style.

With all the Muy Thai fighters dominating the UFC this shouldn't even have to be explained to us.
Look at all the champions from Thailand!
There's.....and then there's....and don't forget about. ....
But...but....Muy Thai is superior....

i dont care who you are or what backround you have, if justin lands a few leg kicks, it changes the fight.

kickboxers and muy thai guys are boxing, volume, not power. they don't throw kicks to kill people like justin.

he is a different animal

With all the Muy Thai fighters dominating the UFC this shouldn't even have to be explained to us.
Look at all the champions from Thailand!
There's.....and then there's....and don't forget about. ....
But...but....Muy Thai is superior....
This is a seriously idiotic post man. You should delete this before someone sees it.

Back