• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Game of Thrones discussion v26: Season 5 Finale edition (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
why? She's a can and Meereen drags down the entire story. The worst thing about this show is knowing she is the Fire in the Song of Ice and Fire, so she will undoubtedly live to the final book/season.
To be fair, Jon is both the Ice and Fire in a song of Ice and Fire.

Last edited:
To be fair, Jon is both the Ice and Fire in a song of Ice and Fire.

It's amazing that this story has been twenty years in the telling and such fundamental ideas aren't concrete yet.

If I'd started reading this in 1996, I would have murdered Martin by now.

Is it terrible that I kind of want someone to go Annie Wilkes on this guy?

Watching this gif, something occured to me.

If Syrio had taken one of the swords of the guards he took out, they're not overly large, he probably would have killed Trant. Or whatever his last name was.

he couldn't have killed Trant.

Isn't that who Arya kills in bravos

Spoiler quotes isn't neccessary for that question.

Yes, it was.

But that doesn't explain why he couldn't have been killed in the 1st season, if Syrio had a steel sword he picked up from a guard he just KOed. The steel sword wouldn't have broken like wood.

So, why couldn't Syrio have killed Trant?

Edit

New forum format prevented me from seeing GSM answered this ages ago.

--+
So, why couldn't Syrio have killed Trant?

He surely could have. Possibly he didn't feel the need to kill him then and there. (maybe he has some sort of sight?) He figured he should gtfo from KL as soon as he can. or he got murked by Trant.

--+

He surely could have. Possibly he didn't feel the need to kill him then and there. (maybe he has some sort of sight?) He figured he should gtfo from KL as soon as he can. or he got murked by Trant.

Might have been some next level Obi Wan Kenobi shit- escape was not his plan. Sacrificed himself for Arya.

Though as Petey is saying Syrio Forel Top Team still exists and we still believe!

One thing too I've noticed is that, to me, the gap between season 4 and 5 seemed to move a lot quicker than between 5 and 6. For whatever reason. I remember 4 concluding with Tyrion bailing from King's Landing and Arya heading to Bravvos and then it honestly didn't seem like too long an amount of time before the next season was back. Now...just dragging.

One thing too I've noticed is that, to me, the gap between season 4 and 5 seemed to move a lot quicker than between 5 and 6. For whatever reason. I remember 4 concluding with Tyrion bailing from King's Landing and Arya heading to Bravvos and then it honestly didn't seem like too long an amount of time before the next season was back. Now...just dragging.

I didn't start watching until S4, so got to binge watch 1-3....what a week that was.

Was planning to binge watch S5 at the end, but was weak when the first 4 episodes got leaked. Will try again for S6, I think.

......doesn't seem so from the trailer.

"You are nobody......you are the millionth of your name......Queen of nothing."

After watching the trailers I still stand by my point (respectfully) that could be anyone or mean anything. Maybe some of Drogos boys will put up opposition but I think by episode 2 she will have them under her thumb

I really hope the first 2 episodes have flash backs involving John snow while showing the red bytch and Dennis
Pennis working on him. Then at the end of the episode show them saying "it worked it worked"

Last scene - close up of eyes opening, camera pans out to reveal - the one true king stanis Baratheon.

It's the greatest troll series ever. They killed newborn baby's and pets in the first few episodes, yet still, 5 seasons in when they did the Sansa going to winter fell reveal I'm yelling at the screen "you sick fucks" lol

The only thing I hate is having to watch it, it's not like other shows/movies/games. I would rather wait till a season is done and binge watch but you'd hear a fucking commentator of some random low level boxing cards giving away spoilers. Two newspapers where I live got shit because they had a big bit after the red wedding, as in a big two page spread conisisting of large stills.

Last edited:
jacked for season 6...quick question for a modulator...what is considered a spoiler for GoT these days? the show is going to overtake the books this season, and i assume anything that's been in the show is fair game for discussion...do theories need to be spoilered? thanks in advance

jacked for season 6...quick question for a modulator...what is considered a spoiler for GoT these days? the show is going to overtake the books this season, and i assume anything that's been in the show is fair game for discussion...do theories need to be spoilered? thanks in advance
It already overtook the books towards the end of Season 5. Only a few minor things are missing. This Season will be a lot less stressful in that area, the only thing that should be off limits is leaked info. There's characters that have been introduced in the Books that aren't in the show, but if anything that just shows that those characters aren't going to be relevant to the main story.

It already overtook the books towards the end of Season 5. This Season will be a lot less stressful in that area, the only thing that should be off limits is leaked info. There's characters that have been introduced in the Books that aren't in the show, but if anything that just shows that those characters aren't going to be relevant to the main story.

There are unused elements from the books that absolutely could be introduced to the show at any time, in fact many GoT fan sites discuss which ones are most likely to show up and when. EmergencyAwesome on YouTube usually talks about them at the end of his videos and warns people to turn them off before he does so.

I don't care any more because I've read the books now since last year it was pretty clear that all book talk was permitted in these threads.

Watching this gif, something occured to me.

If Syrio had taken one of the swords of the guards he took out, they're not overly large, he probably would have killed Trant. Or whatever his last name was.
i wanted to believe he lived after that ... such a bad ass

i wanted to believe he lived after that ... such a bad ass

He didn't.

Though his character served its purpose.

When fans of Stannis say 'They didn't show him die. He could still be alive.' I say 'Yeah, just like Syrio Forrell?'

It already overtook the books towards the end of Season 5. Only a few minor things are missing. This Season will be a lot less stressful in that area, the only thing that should be off limits is leaked info. There's characters that have been introduced in the Books that aren't in the show, but if anything that just shows that those characters aren't going to be relevant to the main story.

thanks. as an aside, i would not be surprised to see the books and the show end differently...that's if RR decides to even finish them.

There are unused elements from the books that absolutely could be introduced to the show at any time, in fact many GoT fan sites discuss which ones are most likely to show up and when. EmergencyAwesome on YouTube usually talks about them at the end of his videos and warns people to turn them off before he does so.

I don't care any more because I've read the books now since last year it was pretty clear that all book talk was permitted in these threads.
Well, the biggest problem during Seasons 1-4 was that even if the book discussion didn't mention spoilers it could be used to make predictions on what could happen next. That was the main issue with book talk, all we'll have to worry about for now is spoilers, which won't even be a tenth as bad as before. Most of them will come from leaks.

As for the characters that haven't been introduced, the majority of those characters have had their roles used by current characters. We have Euron Greyjoy cast for this Season, all the others that they talk about they've been saying since before Season 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back