Game of Thrones S08E03 Discussion Thread:The Night that Winterfell (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Thread title for Episode 4

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a train wreck.

Arya killing the night King is the 1 part I did like. Most of the rest, blah. Bad cgi, bad directing.... It was like a mediocre zombie movie. The 30 closeups of Dany flying in circles, the dead silent library with hundreds of thousands of dead soldiers swarming the castle, the anti climactic end.... Just a letdown all around for me as a long time fan.

Battle of the Bastards is the measuring stick for Game of Thrones appreciation. If you can tolerate how poorly written it was then you'll love this episode.

I don't mind Arya being the one to do it, but the Night King was a total can. We never even got to see the guy in combat.

Btw, most of the battle scene were so fckng dark
View attachment 574169

Was bad in HD on a 52" TV.

Can't imagine how bad this was on a stream . ..
KWmnBqD.jpg

Lol, literally the opening scene in the series, setting the super natural under tones

I have a feeling that’s it with the white walker lore. D&D don’t have any answers they will just ignore the questions people have.

And when people go wtf. The same fucking assholes here will be like well you are just mad because it didn’t end how you wanted it you shouldn’t have expected a generic ending blah blah blah

Remember when people used to debate whether this show or Breaking Bad was better?

giphy.gif

Theon should have killed Bran instead of the miller's boys. Lmao

Doesn't matter if you read the books, wrote them or published them - that episode was Meh level generic

Battle of the Bastards is the measuring stick for Game of Thrones appreciation. If you can tolerate how poorly written it was then you'll love this episode.

That was a solid one for sure. Black water was my favorite with The Hound Vs Brie as my favorite fight even tho the outcome was meh..

I'm a bit upset. 7 seasons of buildup and they kill the big bad in a single episode?
You cant have two episodes like this back to back. We came to see some violent resolution and SapGOATchik has given it to us.

Agreed. I was thinking there was no way in hell GRRM would have written it this way.. but there’s also no way in hell hes ever going to finish the story either lol

I seriously don't thing that GRRM had an ending and that's the reason he stopped writing the books.

<StannisFrown>People in here spoiled the crypts and the final kill. Disgusting.

Anyone with even half of a brain had to figure out that the Night King raises the dead and crypts are filled with dead people.

That was a solid one for sure. Black water was my favorite with The Hound Vs Brie as my favorite fight even tho the outcome was meh..

My fav episode was the laws of men and gods...no pew pew pew Michael bay explosions cgi...just great writing and dialogue and intrigue.

I have a feeling that’s it with the white walker lore. D&D don’t have any answers they will just ignore the questions people have.

And when people go wtf. The same fucking assholes here will be like well you are just mad because it didn’t end how you wanted it you shouldn’t have expected a generic ending blah blah blah

I give them credit for the single episode, as it was suspenseful and all that... but in terms of the story, literally fuck everyone giving them a pass on this simple ending.

Not fans of the show/story and typical fairweather fans that I expect on sherdog (yea McGregor sucks and floyd is the lord of lights choses you fucks)

Speaking of which. After this, I have no hope for the watchmen series, and with HBO out of boxing... I think I can kick HBO off into the sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back