Game of Thrones S08E03 Discussion Thread:The Night that Winterfell (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Thread title for Episode 4

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know it's big for the scope of the show, but I'm also saying that it's dumb how simple it all is. For that matter, how did the Sand Snakes even get into power? Like, the country was just cool with a bunch of bastards running things and murdering Doran? Like you said, they just wanted the arc over and the second it wasn't needed we're meant to think it's over. It's hard to believe all the Kingdoms were cool with Cersei taking the Throne, when she has no allies and her only troops are paid. I guess it's not a big revelation that they squeezed things to get where we are now.
They got into power since the main chick was Oberyns (who was more loved than his brother the king) main squeeze and they had the public behind them basically (which is why no one did anything when they murdered him and his bodyguard).

Also, I think the reason they havent really paid much attention to the different kingdoms is because most of the armies of each kingdom have been killed and/or are leaderless. Basically none of them pose any threat so there is no point in showing people running around doing nothing in Dorne etc.

Of course there is no reason if the authors want to write it that way. But there is also no reason to assume her skills equal an /series thing as she could be killed next episode if the authors want that too.

Here are a list of other things that could kill Cersei if your goal is to simply point out the possibility:

- drinking poisoned wine
- Jon killing her
- Dany killing her
- Sansa killing her
- Jamie killing her
- Bronn killing her
- The Hound killing her

And i could probably put about 2 dozen more names any of which if the authors want to make them the ones to kill they could write it.

So yes, if your point is that it is within the realm of possibility you nailed it. But if you are trying to say it is fait accompli that is wrong.
Those all have obstacles. Right now Arya has none.

for real everyone can stay home and Arya can just horse ride to Kings Landing

As she was planning to do at the start of season 7

Take Quiburns face - get close and take Cerceis

Have Arya with Cercei's face announce Jon snow is king now bye

/all problems gone

Naw your comprehension is the problem.

The point was we can all not like certain aspect and how they play out and that is fine.

But to then stretch that into saying it makes zero sense and there is no logic that could support it, is wrong.

If Dragons were not a /show introduction and people have learned to adapt then assassins, in a world of magic, and other powerful beings can also learn to adapt. You can not like the author writing it that way but to say it would be impossible for it to play out that way is just dumb.

i could easily author a different path where Dany and Dragons were truly /story. Her Dragons proved to be way to fast to even be threatened by the catapults. They never came near. The NK and his forces had zero counter to the Dragons and dragons fire turned out to be absolutely fatal to them all and she wipes them all out the first time she encounters them. She then marches unobstructed to the Throne and takes it easily. /show

If that is how the authors wanted to write it that would be totally fair and work within the books and show logic. But instead they decided to show us AFTER that people had started to adapt (catapults) and in fact the dragons had some vulnerabilities (NK), and that too is fair. The same authors can choose to write options for an Assassin being not undefeatable that would be fair.

That does not mean you have to prefer one writing or the other but people here need to stop thinking 'if this is the one line I prefer therefore it is the only one possible that makes sense'. It is one of the most common fallacies we see on this forum in these discussions is people mistaking PREFERENCE for possibility.

English is not your first language, is it? Where are you from?

They should have had Arya get fucked up when killing NK

Then all this shit would be difused

She can't be a threat all crippled up

fuck you can have her get better after all this shit ends

Bullsh*t.

Arya is not the first assassin in the books or show.

If what you say is the way you say it is then all of the wars. Dragons, magic never meant anything as all they would need do is hire faceless men and /show, /books. Easy as that.

Bullsh*t.

If what you say is the way you say it is then all of the wars. Dragons, magic never meant anything as all they would need do is hire faceless men and /show, /books. Easy as that.

If she can get into Walder Fray's place no problem she can easily infiltrate KL posing as others

The only thing that stopped her last time was Hot Pie letting her know her Winterfell buds are back - then she did a U-Turn with her horse

Bullsh*t.

She's the only shape shifting assassin that doesn't follow the rules of her cult and wants to personally kill Cersei.

Same reason they came up with scorpions, so that there was a legitimate obstacle for the dragons.

Maybe they will have a reason Arya doesn't just go down there and kill her, but rn there's nothing.

Apparently Bran will learn to walk again and runs all the way down to Kings Landing next episode
iu
Wouldn't mind if episode 4 included the Mountain ripping off that annoying fuck's head. Hate those talk shows/political commentators

They got into power since the main chick was Oberyns (who was more loved than his brother the king) main squeeze and they had the public behind them basically (which is why no one did anything when they murdered him and his bodyguard).

Also, I think the reason they havent really paid much attention to the different kingdoms is because most of the armies of each kingdom have been killed and/or are leaderless. Basically none of them pose any threat so there is no point in showing people running around doing nothing in Dorne etc.
Right, that is all true, and it's super weak writing. The Prince's brother's paramour is now the agreed upon leader of a massive nation. I guess the whole Dorne thing has been panned enough that it's kind of redundant, though.

Wouldn't mind if episode 4 included the Mountain ripping off that annoying fuck's head. Hate those talk shows/political commentators
I think it's part of what they're paid for. Every time I see Tucker Carlson talking I imagine his jugular in my fist.

late night comedians are worthless soyboys
Gotta agree. I've liked Kimmel and Conan but they just seem like spineless puppets with lots of what they say nowadays. Only thing I respect Kimmel for is subtly insulting Brie Larson when he had her on to promote Captain Marvel.

Right, that is all true, and it's super weak writing. The Prince's brother's paramour is now the agreed upon leader of a massive nation. I guess the whole Dorne thing has been panned enough that it's kind of redundant, though.
Agreed, the whole Dorne part of the show was completely pointless.

Yeah, I know it's big for the scope of the show, but I'm also saying that it's dumb how simple it all is. For that matter, how did the Sand Snakes even get into power? Like, the country was just cool with a bunch of bastards running things and murdering Doran? Like you said, they just wanted the arc over and the second it wasn't needed we're meant to think it's over. It's hard to believe all the Kingdoms were cool with Cersei taking the Throne, when she has no allies and her only troops are paid. I guess it's not a big revelation that they squeezed things to get where we are now.

They cut huge plots of most kingdoms out for the show - you're not wrong to want to know what is going on but its best to just think, for the sake of the show that all the minor houses within the kingdoms are battling it out for rule of their lands. The south (crownlands, dorne)especially is done for the shows arc. (vale), sone westerlands, riverlands, storms end, iron lands and such all mostly sided with dany or Jon (a lot of soliders have died fighting in the war of the kings) Westeros is now pretty much completely changed

Last edited:
So were the white walkers apparently, maybe that'll change though.

pfft lmao

so anything resolved is pointless?

10 years of infinity stone movies were resolved guess they were all pointless

Ya silly wanker

So were the white walkers apparently, maybe that'll change though.
I wouldn't be surprised that we find out that the reason they made them so dumb and powerless is because they are called White Walkers and of course you can't be feeding in to any "racist, white supremacy" by having them be powerful ;)

Where are the Walter White Walkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back