Game of Thrones S08E05 Discussion Thread: CleganeBowl or we Riot (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Vote for Next Week's Thread Title

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, even Emilia and Kit knew...

Edit: Actually a lot of them knew...lmao

Last edited:
Im not so sure thats true either

Dannys moron brother had that ridiculous silver hair and he didnt appear to be heat resistant either . The gold killed him and that pretty little idiot burned him too

I don't think Dany would survive someone pouring molten gold over her head either. That's why I laughed when, both in the book and series she said he wasn't a real dragon because he died. Like she really thinks she would survive that.

Theres no way they can explain that without ppl turning the show off. Fuck that.
I doubt they give a fuck what we think at this point. They know we're hooked. But, you're right, that theory only makes sense if all Targs are fire proof. Dany is probably just special.

"And all the abrupt endings make for good momentary drama — a few big fight scenes; a man saying goodbye to his best friend and betrayer, then going up in flames; a city burning in thrilling spectacle. But they don’t make for lasting or memorable drama. They don’t feel like fitting conclusions to all the careful character buildup and elaborate schemes that preceded them. They feel like a bunch of people in a darkened room, flailing around and smacking each other while looking for the exit."

Good writeup.

the dragon that got killed was flying solo, and oblivious to threats, limp.

when Dany rides the dragon, it is disciplined and pointed, almost erect some might say.

Cvil71D.gif

I'm just going to repost so I don't have to type it out again.

I don't think Dany would survive someone pouring molten gold over her head either. That's why I laughed when, both in the book and series she said he wasn't a real dragon because he died. Like she really thinks she would survive that.
Good point.

No one should end up on the Iron Throne.

It should go back to being the Seven Kingdoms once again. Which really is what should have happened when House Targaryen originally fell. I could never understand why Tywin wouldn't have wanted to be King like his ancestors. Robert didn't really care. He would have accepted remaining leader of the Storm Lands and Ned could have gone and buried his head in the snow.

Yeah. I guess we can still hope that this whole season was Bran having a bad dream and he tells in the final scene that we didn't wait 2 years for this shit. The reason final season starts next Sunday.

Other than the pacing I dont think its been that bad

Its as if we are watching the sunday night movie version of this season with scenes cut out to save time instead of the mega directors unedited super cut that us nerds love

also

There isnt time to digest the impact of any of the serious events that are happening. Instead of watching master story tellers like bret hart and shawn michaels use psychology and work us like marks its a spot fest like those fraggles the young bucks doing high spot after high spot with no time to digest that we just saw a bad ass move and the characters selling us its effects

Im not mad arya killed the night king I think shes one of a few that could

Im not that the night king wasnt the main bad guy and always thought the show was about the throne and the end was kings landing

im not mad danny went nuts im on team its been coming a long time

I liked that the hound completed his arc and in the end he saved one of the 2 people he has ever cared about from going on a death mission and throwing her life away for revenge. I dont think its fan service for at least one semi nice thing to happen in a show full of death and horror

I dont like that jon has had such a quiet season but im all but positive that he is going to be front in center in the final episode

I think if I was to binge watch the whole thing at one time it will be a lot better than waiting forever for just these 6 episodes. I think after the wait and hype there was no way for it to be anything but a disappointment even though its been pretty good.

finally I know I want more but I really cant be mad at dnd the staff and the actors for not wanting to do this anymore Im sure its been a ton of work and they have had to spend a lot of time far from home. Sure if possible they coulda replaced dandd but it would have been wack as hell to have to start replacing actors . We might all want 5 more long seasons but I suspect they dont feel that way

#notmadatgameofthronesandreadyfortheridetobeover

Entire failure to achieve a peaceful Westeros lies on Juanita Snow.

In the end, it’s Jons Friendzone that doomed Westeros.
Lol

I honestly have no idea why they put them together as a romantic pairing in hindsight. Her distrust and conflict between them would have been more believable in another context.

I guess they just wanted another Dany sex scene.

- Best episode of the season. Although that's like calling someone, "the most honest politician in Washington":rolleyes:

- Not surprised Dany when Full Targ. She lost half her army, another one of her, "children" - only Cersei beats her to Mother of the Year - and Ser Friend Zone. She was thirsty for some incest cock, and Jon wouldn't take one for the team. Her BFF got killed in front of her eyes, Varys betrayed her and Tyrion has been about as much use as a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest. Dany's Heel Turn was always going to happen.

- Between them, Cersei(by not taking the shot when she had the chance)and Dany have killed potentially tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children and destroyed the greatest city in the Seven Kingdoms. Actually very realistic; women can't lead nations. Look at every country led by a woman - the UK, Germany, Canada(;)) - and you'll see why women are best kept in the kitchen and bedroom. One of the best things about this episode is the mass wailing and gnashing of teeth of all the feminists who can't accept that Dany is now the Big Bad of Westeros<45>

- Clegan Bowl! OK, praise where it's due. At least Dumb and Dumber didn't fuck this up. It ended exactly as I thought it would; no way the Hound was walking away after killing his brother. Bonus points for Sandor pushing Sontaran Mountain into the flames.

- I'm only watching the final episode to see Dany being killed. I don't care if it's Arya, Jon or Drogon with Bran's Look in his eye. Just as long as Queen Sugar-tits goes down for the dirt nap.

- Varys was obviously lying about being a eunuch. Just standing there waiting to be burned alive? Dude had two of the biggest balls in the Seven Kingdoms<Eek2.0>

- "And I looked and beheld a Pale Horse. And her name that sat on it was Arya. And Hell followed with her":cool:

Why would the gold kill her if it didnt hurt her and she could just brush it off ? Oh its in my eye wipe wipe wipe im good, and damn now look how fly my Fn hair looks

I just rewatched. And I still love the episode. Think it’s one of the best.

I also am seeing more and more where Dany is coming from. Emilia Clarke is an amazing actress. You could see the anger, and paranoia in her right before she snaps. She feels alone, and is afraid. And finally she is ina position of power and control, after a bunch of small defeats she had to take. And she decides to take complete control. And that’s what she did.

Still not liking the story and over all execution. But the episode was absolutely amazing. And feeling better about the story than last night.

Agreed. I think people are blinded by nerd rage and little details. I think in retrospect, the quality of the whole of GoT is going to far outshine the little faults. Every single episode this season has been superbly done and I feel like they link together to form a whole that is more than the sum of its parts.

- Varys was obviously lying about being a eunuch. Just standing there waiting to be burned alive? Dude had two of the biggest balls in the Seven KingdomsEek2.0

I talked about this way earlier today

It wasnt big balls so much as the satisfaction that he was going to die but his last moment on earth he new that he was a man that was right about everything and that has to be a really satisfying feeling

I have to give it to Game Of Thrones....they don’t give us what we want all the time. They kill who they want, and happy endings are not reality.
This episode was badass for a few reasons....one, the Dragon was kicking ass.....laying fucking destruction like a dragon should. I loved watching the Iron Fleet get destroyed. The battle of brothers was great. Sad end, but it had to be.
How they handle Danny turning Mad won’t be easy. I can’t see how she has many supporters besides the unsullied and Dothraki. And How in the hell they didn’t have a more epic death for Cersei is beyond me.....bitch needed to be eaten.

jamie and cersei.jpg

It's exactly that so many people wanted to see Cersei face justice which makes it a masterstroke that she doesn't! Just like we wanted to see Ned succeed, Robb to avenge him etc.

I thought it was great to have those heroes die horrible public deaths and then have one of the main villains go out like a frightened, confused girl in the arms of her one true love.

I think they were inspired by Romeo and Juliet's deaths in a crypt, alone in each other's arms. I got goosebumps. Born together, loved together, died together. Incest ftw.

- Best episode of the season. Although that's like calling someone, "the most honest politician in Washington":rolleyes:

- Not surprised Dany when Full Targ. She lost half her army, another one of her, "children" - only Cersei beats her to Mother of the Year - and Ser Friend Zone. She was thirsty for some incest cock, and Jon wouldn't take one for the team. Her BFF got killed in front of her eyes, Varys betrayed her and Tyrion has been about as much use as a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest. Dany's Heel Turn was always going to happen.

- Between them, Cersei(by not taking the shot when she had the chance)and Dany have killed potentially tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children and destroyed the greatest city in the Seven Kingdoms. Actually very realistic; women can't lead nations. Look at every country led by a woman - the UK, Germany, Canada(;)) - and you'll see why women are best kept in the kitchen and bedroom. One of the best things about this episode is the mass wailing and gnashing of teeth of all the feminists who can't accept that Dany is now the Big Bad of Westeros<45>

- Clegan Bowl! OK, praise where it's due. At least Dumb and Dumber didn't fuck this up. It ended exactly as I thought it would; no way the Hound was walking away after killing his brother. Bonus points for Sandor pushing Sontaran Mountain into the flames.

- I'm only watching the final episode to see Dany being killed. I don't care if it's Arya, Jon or Drogon with Bran's Look in his eye. Just as long as Queen Sugar-tits goes down for the dirt nap.

- Varys was obviously lying about being a eunuch. Just standing there waiting to be burned alive? Dude had two of the biggest balls in the Seven Kingdoms<Eek2.0>

- "And I looked and beheld a Pale Horse. And her name that sat on it was Arya. And Hell followed with her":cool:
And her name that sat on it was Stark.
And the moon became red as blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back