Game of Thrones S08E05 Discussion Thread: CleganeBowl or we Riot (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Vote for Next Week's Thread Title

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down Chris Hansen. I am in no way implying that a woman stops being attractive once she turns 18. All I'm saying is that Sophie Turner aged badly. Here's hoping she has a good comeback.
c598cc0b24388eb5b41f9d0cdcdb7df9.jpg

Except the whole Kingdom of the Westerlands that she and her family ruled from a big ass city (Lannisport) and a big ass castle (Casterly Rock) for thousands of years.

That's what I can never understand in the books or the series. Why the Lannisters don't fall back at this point to their own lands. They literally have control of a Kingdom that we never see.
They do use weserlands loads in the books
In the series the retarded writers decided the lannister gold had run out

Spice king i could listen to forever. Great actor and dialogue

Another character that wasn't at all how I initially pictured him from the books, but ended up totally owning it.

Why does Varys take off his rings before the guards get him?

They do use weserlands loads in the books
In the series the retarded writers decided the lannister gold had run out
Given the no-story of the iron bank and the Golden Company, there was no point to the show acting like the Lannister's were broke.

also, the golden company...wtf? all that hype for that? it's like having Ubereem doing his UFC debut and him looking like CM Punk in his debut.

someone needs to make a video of all Golden Company scenes with clown music and put it on youtube.

just realized i wont be working when next episode comes

yeaahh boii

The moment Jon realizes Daenarys went all mad queen and he just turned down some amazing mad sex .

fab43a734d068de7f8e85cd2b57e9097

Jon Snow: the Penis who was Promised...

You had one job to do, Jon! Just one!

Last edited:
This show has become straight garbage.

You guys are just never happy. How was this episode garbage? Damn it was Red Wedding caliber shock effect to me.

I, for one, was expecting them to pull a Hollywood. Like a very tight battle, with a tough Cercei, a Danaerys prevailing at the end while showing reason and mercy and shit and Arya going full John Wick. I also expected a bunch of last minutes saves.

BUT NO! Danaerys just comitted a genocide and hiroshima'd Kinds Landing with no reason, tough Queen Cercei was crying and scared, Arya went back to being a little girl.

I have been vocal about the feminist agenda in GOT but this suspicion is out of the window now. If anything, this shows that women will always be shit in the end no matter how high they rise.

Then, an epic Cleganebowl in an apocalyptic setting.

Seriously, you guys just cannot stop complaining. What could they even have done for you to be happy?

FUck you all, the series is redeemed to me. To the point thhat I suspect that they were trolling with us to make us believe that we would get a Hollywood ending. No, this is dark, dark shit.

"but but Arya on the horse". Fuck off, that fucking horse is the only thing breathing in King's Landing.

When I eat food I dont like I put it away and don’t touch it anymore

Here people complain for days on end while they keep eating that this.

Basement dwellers are strange people
Dude, we've been watching this show for almost a decade, we're supposed to stop now with 80 minutes left? Take your 2 cents and buy a clue.

I can see why you can say that, but what about all the prophecies, the Myhsa, she was hinted as the chosen one along with Jon. She was meant to be better, like her father, Rhaegar. It shouldve been done so much better.

She meant conquering without taking innocent lives like those before her.

Thats what she mant by breaking the wheel. By being better, and ruling better. She didnt break the wheel, she just spun it faster.

Again, her father wasn't Rhaegar. You and the people that like your post are showing that they haven't been paying attention.

Break the wheel is open to interpretaion, but if you listen to it again it's a metaphor where the big families are all like spokes that keep taking turnns of being on top. If all of these families are gone (apart from her), the wheel is broken. Apart from the Starks the other big name families are weak or almost gone.

What about the way she said it sounds like peace and love?

I've heard the Golden Canpany is getting hired by Scott Coker next, as MVP's next opponent.

Fuck almighty. When one of the D bags was saying again with Dany having no one around to support her, betrayed by everyone in her mind, and knowing the commoners love Jon more, I was thinking when they showed that scene of her saying she only has fear that "ok, maybe she decided before hand she was going to burn the city to cement that fear and her grip on this land that doesn't love her. And when they surrendered, she wasn't going to let that ruin her plan of fear and violence. It's not great, but I can see how that can make a little sense"

30 seconds later the D bag says 'she didn't decide beforehand. She saw the red keep her ancestors built and went nuts'

Fuck off. So the official story is that once she has everything she's been striving for for years, her destiny, the iron throne itself, she just decides to massacre everyone and burn all the glory she finally took back to rightful Targaryen hands.
Yup, her story arc over 7 seasons where she rejected her family and tried to distance herself from it (saying multiple times that she is not her father and she knew her father was a crazy person) suddenly disappeared when she saw the Red Keep and she decided instead to take revenge for her family by killing people who had nothing to do with them getting killed (the same people she has been told loved her brother Rhaegar).

If anything she should have rode straight for the Stormlands and killed Gendry, he at the very least is related to the person who killed her family.

All these "behind the scenes" interviews show the complete and utter lack of writing skills these bums have. If they get to keep their Star Wars trilogy when this train wreck is over then I think that Kathleen Kennedy is intentionally sabotaging the franchise. If you thought TLJ was bad, just you wait.

They hammered the point several times though. Power lies where people decide. She couldnt get the support of the north and she sacrificed half her army and two of her "children". Why would she expect anything different now?

If Jon ever did decide "You know what? Fuck it, I'll take the throne" her claim would go up in a puff of smoke.
What she did had nothing to do with taking the throne or not or if Jon had a better claim or anything like that. The DB Weiss himself said that the reason she torched Kings Landing is because she somehow at that moment when looking at the Red Keep decided that she took it personal what they did to her family (the Baratheons). And because of that, for some reason, she took took it out on the citizens of Kings Landing who had nothing to do with it.

Dude, we've been watching this show for almost a decade, we're supposed to stop now with 80 minutes left? Take your 2 cents and buy a clue.

I hear that, but some on here have been moaning for the last 3 seasons. When TWD took a turn for the worse and I found I was complaining about it, I just stopped. Pretty easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back