Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syrio killed Meryn Trant and the other guards.
Syrio assumed the face of Meryn Trant to evade capture and said he killed Syrio.
Syrio laid low for a while assuming different faces to obtain info about the whereabouts of Arya.
Syrio heard she went to the house of black & white and set sail to find Arya, under the identity of Meryn Trant.
Syrio has to remain in character around his men at all times so goes about pedo'ing up the shop.
Arya finds him and totally creams his ass.
Unfortunately he was gagged so she couldn't hear him say "Arya! I came to tell you you're in grave danger!"

Yup, that's right. Arya killed Syrio Forel.

You think Trant would let his failure be known that he was beat by a Dancing Master?

When Arya returns to the House of Black and White he tells her that Meryn's life was not hers to take. Jaqen can kill anyone, but not everyone deserves to die, yet.

Who knows how deep this 'Only life, can pay for death' philosophy goes.

"You stole three deaths from the Red God. We have to give them back." -Jaqen-

My theory at the time that Arya escaped is that Syrio was caught and put in prison. In prison, he became Jaqen and was sent to the Wall. That would allow for Trant to avoid being killed by Syrio or vice versa.

So, how about Syrio/Jaqen kills Trant, then walks around as his doppelganger. Were Jaqen/Trant ever in the same scene?

the thing that threw me off was "there is only one god and a girl knows who he is"

how could she know who the one true god is without having been told before

I'm fully on board with the Syrio theory but how does height factor into this whole faceless man thing. Jaqen would have had to cut some serious height, no?

Arya when she stole a face to kill Meryn "Too Old" Trant was still the same height. I can understand how these masks transform your face but they can change your body type completely too?

We're talking about a show with flying dragons, living dead, resurrection, White Walkers, Giants and people who can change their faces and we start quibbling that the body type can't change.

There's no excuse for not having seen Deadwood.

I've never seen it. Didn't know he was back doing shit until I saw him in American Horror Story. He'll always be the guy who played Lovejoy who looked like my best friend's dad from back in the day to me.

I'm fully on board with the Syrio theory but how does height factor into this whole faceless man thing. Jaqen would have had to cut some serious height, no?

Arya when she stole a face to kill Meryn "Too Old" Trant was still the same height. I can understand how these masks transform your face but they can change your body type completely too?
It's really a type of blood magic that goes into it. Jaqen changed to girl once.

Last edited:
the thing that threw me off was "there is only one god and a girl knows who he is"

how could she know who the one true god is without having been told before

All the God's are the same person.....just with a different face.

We're talking about a show with flying dragons, living dead, resurrection, White Walkers, Giants and people who can change their faces and we start quibbling that the body type can't change.

It's really a time of blood magic that goes into it. Jaqen changed to girl once.

It was stated that they cannot violate the law of conservation of mass and suddenly grow drastically taller or shorter, though they can dramatically change their appearance within these parameters.

jaqen is god im assuming

Erm, Jaqen is no one. Just an identity assumed from a criminal of Lorath (that was the back story, at least).

The only reason they used the same actor / name on the show, is to not confuse the audience, I guess.

NB in the books When Arya first sees Jaqen, he somewhat reminds her of Syrio.

no i know...i was just playing around... The One True Jaqen!!

It was stated that they cannot violate the law of conservation of mass and suddenly grow drastically taller or shorter, though they can dramatically change their appearance within these parameters.
Was it? I'll have to look into that.

Syrio killed Meryn Trant and the other guards.
Syrio assumed the face of Meryn Trant to evade capture and said he killed Syrio.
Syrio laid low for a while assuming different faces to obtain info about the whereabouts of Arya.
Syrio heard she went to the house of black & white and set sail to find Arya, under the identity of Meryn Trant.
Syrio has to remain in character around his men at all times so goes about pedo'ing up the shop.
Arya finds him and totally creams his ass.
Unfortunately he was gagged so she couldn't hear him say "Arya! I came to tell you you're in grave danger!"

Yup, that's right. Arya killed Syrio Forel.

You shut your cunting mouth now!

Would not put it past them! That and 3 episodes of what appears to be Jon snow being resurrected only to find they are using his blood to bring stanis back to life would be the shit

It's the greatest troll series ever. Pets and newborns killed early on yet last season I stil found myself shouting at the screen "you evil fucks"

Does anybody realize that this is a fantasy show????

Does anybody realize that this is a fantasy show????

Oh yeah completely but I'm just wondering about the laws. Even with fantastical elements, there have to be certain consistencies to the folklore. I personally didn't know what the deal is with the faces and the transformation of body type but I think it's an interesting question. One would clearly assume, as our friend said above, that because it's a type of blood magic or supernatural/mystical process that you can really transform into the overall look/shape of whatever face you're wearing but I don't think it ever explicitly established it one way or another.

When Arya pulled off her mask it certainly looked like she just went Tom Cruise/Mission Impossible style and only the face changed.

You shut your cunting mouth now!

Would not put it past them! That and 3 episodes of what appears to be Jon snow being resurrected only to find they are using his blood to bring stanis back to life would be the shit

It's the greatest troll series ever. Pets and newborns killed early on yet last season I stil found myself shouting at the screen "you evil fucks"

haha you're scaring me with that use Jon Snow's blood to resurrect Stannis shit. That's just the type of pull the rug out move they would do to us. Fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back