• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gamestop stock being pumped to the moon by Redditors

Lol...everyone's Grandma is in the market now. Every one lot piker is a market genius these days. It's 2000 all over again.

I think maming bank is misleading. Am I going to double or triple my money, not likely but if I grabbed 10% in a week, that would be good in any circumstance. 10% for a year would be good.
I agree with you.

The thing is, making 10% on GME would be considered making bank if you bought in at ATH last week.

Nobody "investing" in GME was doing it for a 10% return, they were thinking more than 100% returns were just around the corner thanks to media hype and FOMO.

Lol...everyone's Grandma is in the market now. Every one lot piker is a market genius these days. It's 2000 all over again.

Yes. I 100% agree. The market has been flooded with so much fed money and interest rates have been so low that you have daytrader monkeys that think they have figured out the system when they just have been riding a rising tide. The market will trip up hard once the next crisis hits because faucet is so open that there is no tool left to accelerate the market.

Yes. I 100% agree. The market has been flooded with so much fed money and interest rates have been so low that you have daytrader monkeys that think they have figured out the system when they just have been riding a rising tide. The market will trip up hard once the next crisis hits because faucet is so open that there is no tool left to accelerate the market.

They would never cover them when it was high. They are shorting the stock nakedly to deluded the market with fictious shares. The stock is being shorted to suppress the stock and scare off anyone hoping to see a short squeeze. No one has closed out their positions. They are just going to sit and pay their 30% interest penalty while waiting for the stock to fall.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Again you add nothing to the discussion aside from trying to make people think everyone else is dumb and you're smart.

still waiting for an answer to any of the questions i asked, regarding your totally not dumb statements.

Doge is going back to the top.

still waiting for an answer to any of the questions i asked, regarding your totally not dumb statements.

Keep on keeping on with the nothing posting, I see.

No one will engage in a real conversation with you do to how your goal isn't to engage but just to try to show everyone how right you are and how wrong they are. You bring nothing to the table for anyone ponder and chew over. It is the most pointless exchange because it is only about servicing your fragile ego. You wouldn't be posting about anything financial in a real finance forum because it wouldn't service your fragile ego. So, here you are trying to look like an expert in a KARATE FORUM.

Last edited:
Keep on keeping on with the nothing posting, I see.

No one will engage in a real conversation with you do to how your goal isn't to engage but just to try to show everyone how right you are and how wrong they are. You bring nothing to the table for anyone ponder and chew over. It is the most pointless exchange because it is only about servicing your fragile ego. You wouldn't be posting about anything financial in a real finance forum because it wouldn't service your fragile ego. So, here you are trying to look like an expert in a KARATE FORUM.

...you made assertions (some of which were contradictory). i asked you to support them. you instead went on ad-hom tirades.

lolz @ pretending i don't post on financial forums (after you posted this financial bs on... said "KARATE FORUM"). after pretending that i'm broke. after pretending that i don't know what i'm doing. after pretending that i'm a college drop out. after pretending that people short a stock because they're afraid of squeezes. after pretending that no gme shorts covered yet. after pretending that they're waiting for gme to fall (as if it didn't fall from ~480-50). after pretending that mutual funds beat us... oh, and after pretending that we're all going tits up in a market crash (genius, we just had a bear market less than a year ago... and i clearly traded through it just fine).

but yes, clearly I'M the problem. it's definitely not the things you said.

Last edited:
...you made assertions (some of which were contradictory). i asked you to support them. you instead went on ad-hom tirades.

lolz @ pretending i don't post on financial forums (after you posted this financial bs on... said "KARATE FORUM"). after pretending that i'm broke. after pretending that i don't know what i'm doing. after pretending that i'm a college drop out. after pretending that people short a stock because they're afraid of squeezes. after pretending that no gme shorts covered yet. after pretending that they're waiting for gme to fall (as if it didn't fall from ~480-50). after pretending that mutual funds beat us... oh, and after pretending that we're all going tits up in a market crash (genius, we just had a bear market less than a year ago... and i clearly traded through it just fine).

but yes, clearly I'M the problem. it's definitely not the things you said.

LOLZ. I reiterated that the position basically didn't change but you are pull at loose straws. You don't know what you are doing. You just argue by attacking things that are not the point and you never contribute anything in any of you post other than implying whoever is a dumbass. I have been around enough people to know it is a defense mechanism. Rarely, do you ever find someone that knows what they are doing just calling everyone a dumbass and trying to get everyone to see how smart they are.

Stocks can be shorted to create IOU shares and lessen demand. It sounds counterintuitive. The synthetic IOU shares meet demand and demand drops. People see a falling stock and think something is wrong with it. Reporters dig into the company and write about what is wrong with it. The stock drops even further and the stock can't recover even when the shorts are covered because confidence in the company has been irreparably damaged. The company can't raise funds now as easily or get customers because its livelihood is in question. We just went through this with Tesla so I don't know why you don't know this. All this works and is not a new trick.

LOLZ. I reiterated that the position basically didn't change but you are pull at loose straws. You don't know what you are doing. You just argue by attacking things that are not the point and you never contribute anything in any of you post other than implying whoever is a dumbass. I have been around enough people to know it is a defense mechanism. Rarely, do you ever find someone that knows what they are doing just calling everyone a dumbass and trying to get everyone to see how smart they are.

Stocks can be shorted to create IOU shares and lessen demand. It sounds counterintuitive. The synthetic IOU shares meet demand and demand drops. People see a falling stock and think something is wrong with it. Reporters dig into the company and write about what is wrong with it. The stock drops even further and the stock can't recover even when the shorts are covered because confidence in the company has been irreparably damaged. The company can't raise funds now as easily or get customers because its livelihood is in question. We just went through this with Tesla so I don't know why you don't know this. All this works and is not a new trick.

lolz @ googling this and still fucking up the part about synthetics. when they switch to selling calls, they buy shares. derp. and it's not the hedge funds (ie: those shorting), but the MMs who would be naked.

regardless, this is fundamentally the OPPOSITE of your claims on the previous page.

lolz @ "calling everyone a dumbass" when you're the sole one going ad-hom.

lolz @ googling this and still fucking up the part about synthetics. when they switch to selling calls, they buy shares. derp. and it's not the hedge funds (ie: those shorting), but the MMs who would be naked.

regardless, this is fundamentally the OPPOSITE of your claims on the previous page.

lolz @ "calling everyone a dumbass" when you're the sole one going ad-hom.

derp derp derp

I agree with you.

The thing is, making 10% on GME would be considered making bank if you bought in at ATH last week.

Nobody "investing" in GME was doing it for a 10% return, they were thinking more than 100% returns were just around the corner thanks to media hype and FOMO.
FOMO fucks so many people up. Before it was just everyone is on social media making carefully curated fake highlight reels of their life. Now everyone is making 1000% a year in the stock market! Here's the big secret - people are full of shit!

So many people bought at $100+ some $200+ hoping for 10,000% returns. Now the goal post has shifted to its a good investment for long term lol.

You’d make more if you sold for a loss and invested into an ETF. GME ain’t touching $100 for years.

Back