• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gamestop stock being pumped to the moon by Redditors

To the moon, friends! I enjoy a meme stock here and there. LATS GOOOOOO!

Didn't most people lose money the last time they did this? Why don't they pick a more stable stock to do this with?

Necro #3.
Didn't most people lose money the last time they did this? Why don't they pick a more stable stock to do this with?
I don't know. Interesting question.

GameStop stock jumps as ‘Roaring Kitty’ shows big bet in Reddit post

Late Sunday, the Reddit account shared a screenshot in the r/SuperStonk forum that people are speculating could be an image of the shares and call options Gill holds in GameStop.

The image showed that Gill may hold five million shares of GameStop that were worth $115.7m as of the closing price on Friday. The screenshot also showed 120,000 call options in GameStop with a $20 strike price that expires on June 21. The call options were bought at around $5.68 a piece.
That's ~1.6% of the total shares.

Stock had fallen as low as ~$10 in April after having spent most of the last year on a very slow slide from $20 down to that nadir. Crawled back up to $17 before he posted on Reddit in May, and pumped it. Gets all the way up to $54 in the ensuing week, but it doesn't take long before it's back down to $17. Closed at $23 heading into the weekend this time before he stirs things up again on Sunday.

One wonders how he is accruing so many shares, amirite?

GME almost at $50. Bought several shares at $26 earlier this week. Holding it til hits $150 (if it goes that high).

Lol at Massachusetts investigating Roaring Kitty for manipulation when politicians do insider trading all the time. Corruption at its finest.

kittysssd.jpg

GME almost at $50. Bought several shares at $26 earlier this week. Holding it til hits $150 (if it goes that high).

Lol at Massachusetts investigating Roaring Kitty for manipulation when politicians do insider trading all the time. Corruption at its finest.
Insider trading, LOL? Why would he ever need to do that? The dude has a legion of bag-holders ready to dump their cash into his pockets the moment he says "jump."

He waits until the stock is low. He buys a shitload of shares. Then he goes and posts on Reddit. Stock soars. He sells a ton of shares in the ensuing frenzy before the price inevitably dips, and starts crashing again (with his selloff contributing to the decline). Rinse, wash, repeat. One wonders how long he's gonna keep this up before he decides to cash out for good.

Because he knows it won't stay up. A company doesn't bleed money while revenues fall off a precipice without eventually losing investors.
GAMESTOP-CORP-operating-profits-history-year.png

Why has this become the company of "the people"? Why is it being championed?! I'm a gamer, and I don't understand it. This store is a joke in the gaming community. A dinosaur.
raw

Insider trading, LOL? Why would he ever need to do that? The dude has a legion of bag-holders ready to dump their cash into his pockets the moment he says "jump."

He waits until the stock is low. He buys a shitload of shares. Then he goes and posts on Reddit. Stock soars. He sells a ton of shares in the ensuing frenzy before the price inevitably dips, and starts crashing again (with his selloff contributing to the decline). Rinse, wash, repeat. One wonders how long he's gonna keep this up before he decides to cash out for good.

Because he knows it won't stay up. A company doesn't bleed money while revenues fall off a precipice without eventually losing investors.
GAMESTOP-CORP-operating-profits-history-year.png

Why has this become the company of "the people"? Why is it being championed?! I'm a gamer, and I don't understand it. This store is a joke in the gaming community. A dinosaur.
raw

GameStop is being championed because it exposed the corruption of the stock market while making peasants a little bit of money.

To the moon baby!!

Back