Gamrot Has Been Exposed

He lost to a fantastic, well rounded top fighter.

He didn't get exposed, he just lost. He can easily retool and come back stronger.
He has absolutely no stand-up. Stiff punches, no kicks, defends strikes by trying to grab kicks and knees for a TD.

He fights like Ricardo Arona did 15 years ago, except Arona was a monster grappler and had great leg kicks.

Gamrots claim to fame was that he got a questionable decision against a guy who did ok against a green makhachev

What a lazy take. This was an elite level chess match, and Dariush was simply better.

There’s not a whole lot of guys who could deal with that pressure and shot to reshots from Gamrot.

Appreciate what you saw instead of criticizing it.

The truth of the matter is that Beneil dariush has always been underrated.

Agree dariush never got the hype.

Works hard but stays out of social media. Being injured for the last year doesn't help either.

I'd disagree. He'd never faced a guy as experienced/well rounded as Dariush. A well conditioned individual who can wrestle, grapple, and strike well.

Sherdog and apparently MMA oddsmakers love the "up and coming" a lot better than the "proven" which is why you have so many lower ranked guys as favorites on this card. So far it hasn't worked out well for the "prospects"

The truth of the matter is that Beneil dariush has always been underrated.
Beneil was good fighter, his grappling IQ really impressed me, and as a litmus test he showed us what Gamrot consists off.

I said this when I saw him fight Arman. The guys striking is crap. Great wrestler, but that won’t cut it.

most pure wrestlers suffer when facing a decent striker with good tdd

He lost to a fantastic, well rounded top fighter.

He didn't get exposed, he just lost. He can easily retool and come back stronger.

Nahhhh.

He looked shite. Rushed, terrible shots, poor striking, no real gameplan.

Well overrated and doesn't figure to make the improvement needed to be elite at age 31 imo.

Beneil was good fighter, his grappling IQ really impressed me, and as a litmus test he showed us what Gamrot consists off.

Gamrot's wrestling is some of the best in that division. There's no question about that. His striking has always needed work. That's true for all these eastern euro wrestlers, though. It's just that most people can't keep the fight standing to make that be known.

His striking is too mediocre to be among the elite. It doesn't threaten his opponents, he lacks urgency, lacks KO power (even if he's dropped guys), plays it too safe. His grappling and scrambling ability is great but we already knew this about his striking.

Back