Garbrandt is a handsome and talented dude... He as champ will do good for the 135 class.

Cody_Garbrandt.jpg
What happened to neck tats? The sponsors love em.

Garbrandt could comfortably box with Cruz because he's clearly the best boxer of the three fighters in question. Dillashaw consistently failed to track Cruz down when they fought and often found himself squared up and getting walked into shots, whereas Garbrandt routinely made Cruz look foolish, walking him into shots and pretty much always being in much better position in exchanges. Dillashaw has the flashier footwork; Garbrandt has the better footwork.

Also, as for the takedowns playing a significant role, Cruz got the better of the grappling exchanges with Dillashaw, but clearly failed in that capacity against Garbrandt. Aside from having a more active kicking game, Dillashaw doesn't have the advantage anywhere in this fight, and I really wouldn't be surprised to see him get walked into a big shot, floored, and then stopped.
Dom and TJ are different match-ups.TJ doesn't back up the whole fight nor does he use most of his movement to defend. He uses his movement to pressure and attack and is much more agressive than Dom.TJ has more sound offense that Cruz and his footwork is more based on setting up strikes compared to Cruz who uses his footwork to avoid strikes, that's why when Cruz had to lead against Cody he could barely land, he's used to catching people who rush in because they can't catch him. TJ on the other hand has really improved his ability to use his wrestling and grappling and string it in with his combos. It's TJ's time. He's looked amazing since losing that belt and has visibly improved several aspects of his game.

If Garbrandt does the Cruz strategy and tries to pull Dillashaw in Look at Dillashaw’s fights with Barao, Lineker and Assuncao, or his attempts with Cruz. While naked high kicks might cause him issues, he is very capable of fainting an advance and entering at an unexpected angle. Dillashaw always kept the heavy-handed Lineker on the back foot, the usual forward moving striker found himself constantly cornered by Dillashaw who commanded the octagon and overwhelmed the brawler into the defensive part

FC207Hw.gif

Dillashaw’s unorthodox style makes his opponents cautious, and he uses that cautiousness against them, making them over think and overwhelming their defense. Much like Lineker, I thought Garbrandt’s reluctance to play the defense would be, to an extent, an advantage against Dillashaw. However, Garbrandt’s constant defense and patience proved he will do so when he thinks it will work

If Garbrandt’s trigger happy defense can be confused by faints, then TJ can find an opening more easily. Not to mention while Cody proved he is a fantastic scrambler (and well training at TAM one is basically obligated to develop a good wrestling game) TJ’s boxing into takedown and leve changes are perhaps the best in the UFC, and against Lineker he showed he’s perfectly willing to engage on the ground against a heavy-handed opponent.

Garbrandt’s defense is good, but more aligned with something TJ could deal with compared with Cruz, whereas Cruz used his agility and footwork to evade the equally fast Dillashaw, Garbrandt’s defense is far more stationary, the kind TJ has shown skill against.

Another way that Dillashaw can get an upper hand on Garbrandt’s is fighting southpaw. During his very first fight in the UFC Cody was very careful and very little of the relentless aggressor that he came to be known as was present. His opponent Marcus Brimage was the only southpaw that Garbrandt has faced, and he actually requested help from Dillashaw to train for this fight.

Despite the drama people try to focus on the fact is these guys might know each other's habits more than we do. Dillashaw has since left TAM and has changed a lot in that time, but considering he didn't appear to believe Cody could beat Cruz the same could be said for Garbrandt, but if anything I’d lean at Dillashaw having the potential advantage with that since he knows the camp Cody trains with while Dillashaw is at a camp completely alien to Cody.

And while Cody has only fought two five round fights and ended one shortly in the first, he did finish all five rounds against Cruz but during that fight played the slow moving defender, could he keep his aggression for the five rounds? Meanwhile, TJ Dillashaw has fought four five round fights, of which only one didn't go to the fifth, it ended in the fourth, and against Cruz had one of the most kinetic and active five round fights in the UFC and didn’t look tired at the end of it.

It's a damn good match up and i can't wait for it.My money is on Dillashaw

Last edited:
Approx 60% of the reebok orders we get for Garbrandt are women's shirts. So he is apparently a handsome fellow. He's also a good fighter, which is why 40% are mens shirts. Complete package.

We seeing a shift: The smaller classes are getting their groove, whereas the bigger ones are kind stalled, specially the 205 division.

Garbrandt is a handsome and talented individual... he will bring the heat for the smaller guys.

With Mighty Mouse incredible talent and Conors antics... 155 and below is really well served.
As usual, there's an obvious connection between quality of grammar and quality of opinion.

Personally, I don't find him all that handsome. Maybe that's because I'm not gay like TS.

The only male fighters under 155 who proved to be marketable were Faber and Conor. They both have big personalities that people gravitate to, are good speakers, and are savvy businessmen. None of that seems to apply to Cody. The shtick with the sick kid was a good play, but he quickly reveals himself as a triggered meathead every chance he gets.

Having an undefeated record helps. I like his ambition to move down to FLW and challenge Demetrious. I also remember reading somewhere that he wants to eventually move up to 145. I think Dillashaw is a huge test and I'm excited to see how Garbrandt faces this challenge. A rematch with Cruz, fights with Rivera, Sterling, Assuncao, Lineker, Dodson, a super-fight with Demetrious and a possible move to FW; The future is bright for Garbrandt if he remains on a winning streak.

...until he subscribed to the wannabe cholo necktat culture.

Fail.

Forever trashy.

i guess you are one charmless , ugly fuck.

Back