Garbrandt is going to fricken STARCH Figueirdo

Cody is a glass cannon and the god of war had an iron chin at 125.
Figgy is 36 now though and going up a weight class against a murderous puncher. 36 is way past prime at 135.
So he could be a glass cannon in this fight under these circumstances as well.

One last time Cody, please.

Still pretty crazy that Cody looked like he would be the goat against Cruz.

Figgy was killing himself to make weight, and even then he showed to be far more durable than a guy who got starched by Pedro Munhoz

What the FRICK are these odds? Put some god damn YAMS on Cody's name !!!!!

What the FOOK are you SMOKIN!

Y'all musta FORGOT!!! Cody No Love Garbrandt opening up 300 with a devastating KO. Can't believe the hate on Cody.

Swinging and banging. Lights out for Figweirdo in Rd 1.
I'm picking Cody cause I think figgy is falling off

Cody has a 35% chance at starching Figgy IMO.
I feel like that is about right. Garbrandt can be a beast when he shows up but I think figgy without having to cut weight and all that is just devestating. he'll have zero issues ever making 135 and he's fast lanky and hits so hard.

He's a force at 135, time is not on his side. I wish they would have advanced him further.

Last edited:
I feel like that is about right. Garbrandt can be a beast when he shows up but I think figgy without having to cut weight and all that is just devestating. he'll have zero issues ever making 135 and he's fast lanky and hits so hard.

He's a force at 135, time is not on his side. I wish the advanced him further.
Yeah also Figgy hasnt been put out ever in his career. Granted he got doctor stopped by Moreno but like you said he had found his new home at BW late in his career and I see him on a upward trajectory as opposed to Cody who has been on a roller coaster of a career and had the KO button pressed on him a bit too much for me to feel any confidence he pulls out the win

Cody been fighting careful -- paycheck to paycheck.

Fig might be motivated to start a firefight to test Cody's chin.

Looking forward to this Opener.

Cody is a glass cannon and the god of war had an iron chin at 125.
Figgy is 36 now though and going up a weight class against a murderous puncher. 36 is way past prime at 135.
So he could be a glass cannon in this fight under these circumstances as well.

One last time Cody, please.

Still pretty crazy that Cody looked like he would be the goat against Cruz.

Loved that fight. Got to be honest, I thought Garbrandt would be a star, but it was more like shooting star. He didn't play defense enough, got cracked and was never the same guy who made Cruz look like a bum.

What the FRICK are these odds? Put some god damn YAMS on Cody's name !!!!!

What the FOOK are you SMOKIN!

Y'all musta FORGOT!!! Cody No Love Garbrandt opening up 300 with a devastating KO. Can't believe the hate on Cody.

Swinging and banging. Lights out for Figweirdo in Rd 1.

The Cody hate has always just been salty Cruz fans. The dweebs favorite point fighter

Cody's issue starts when he gets hit. I don't know if Figgy can put him out. I don't believe Figgy carries as much power in 135 but Cody is the man until he gets hit.

Garbrandt went from champ to not even being in the top 15, War Fig is going to destroy him

It’s good betting odds Davidson is pushing 40 at a higher weight class.

If there was one dog in the card I would bet on it would be this scum bag.
With all due respect.

I mean, it's possible. Cody can crack. But he can't afford to get cracked by Figgy. Figgy might be able to take a few of his but he can't take any of Figgy's.
You've got it backwards. Figgy's the one who can't afford to take a few. If Moreno can sit him down repeatedly then Garbrandt's KOing him if he lands.

Garbrandt's the one who's gotta be willing to potentially take a few to land his shot as it's what he needs to win. He's not winning some drawn out technical battle at this stage in his career IMO, and he's certainly not winning a grappling match.

Someone's getting KO'd though as neither's chin is holding up to this, and both are going to want to open 300 with a bang. They know the assignment they've been given as the opening act despite their statuses.

Figgy was killing himself to make weight, and even then he showed to be far more durable than a guy who got starched by Pedro Munhoz
Cody lost to Pedro because he did the stupidest thing possible which was slightly hurt him and then throw the gameplan out the window and just brawl with the iron chinned guy with power.

If you don't think Cody could've just safely outboxed Pedro for 3 rounds like everybody else does I don't know what to tell you.

I mean even if he rocks Figgy badly it will still be "oh shit is Cody gonna get caught with something now and finished?"

When there are 2 strikers without much discrepancy between skill you've gotta back the guy with the more proven chin. I'd say Figgy will catch him in the pocket and put him out.

I mean, I have never seen Figueiredo get starched. I cannot say the same thing about Garbrandt.

Cody has a weak chin and gets drawn into brawls too much. Figgy looked very good in his 135lb debut odds are Cody gets put to sleep.

It's a surprisingly unpredictable matchup. But most recently, Fig handled Font, a far more currently dangerous opponent than Garbrandt. That's enough for me ot pick him

Back