News Gastelum vs. Imavov is off, replaced with Latifi vs Oleinik

Wtf is with all these last second visa issues? Do they not sort this shit out as soon as their fight locations are announced? Wtf is the point of even having managers in mma?

It does seem odd how this very forseeable issue always tends to pop up like a last minute surprise to guys.

Wtf is with all these last second visa issues? Do they not sort this shit out as soon as their fight locations are announced? Wtf is the point of even having managers in mma?
There's this little thing happening in Ukraine that might make it harder for fighters from a certain neighboring region to be able to travel.

I was looking forward to that as well. I still want to see "Cardio Kelvin" back at 170. Somebody get that guy to a spin class!

I wish he would have gone back to 170. What a wasted career.

Raquel Pennington's been building herself back up quiet nicely.

I saw this coming even though I always assume a Euro fighter will get removed due to Visa issues. It's seriously like 7/10 times likely.

Gastelpub shouldn't even be on a main card at this point. I like the Oleynik getting the slot.

Imavov is born in Russia.
- That will very likely be the issue. I know he has a French affiliation but I think the Russian background will prob be the problem.
I bet you the UFC had to pull some serious strings to save the Aspinal vs Volkov fight. Dana White actually alluded to that in an interview he did after the event.

Welcome to Planet Putin, 2022 edition.

Yeah, I've never traveled abroad and picked up my visa 2 weeks prior to takeoff.

Nice save on the Oleinik vs Latifi fight i was bummed that got cancelled. Maybe a quick turn around incoming for Kelvin Fatstelum too.

Having "the russian sniper" as a nickname is not going to serve you well these days.
Shame for Imavov, he's a nice guy and great to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back