Gatjhe/khabib

Grenades

Check Your Head
Banned
Reaction score
I watched the Tibau/khabib fight with a prompt from another post. Khabib couldn’t take him down and had to resort to a lot of boxing. Close fight.
Gaethje has world class defensive wrestling to shut down Khabib on the ground. If Gaethje can keep it on the feet, khabib will still use his boxing to set up the TD. I’m thinking Gaethje catches him then on the feet. KO Gaethje. Just an observation and let’s keep this thread clean.

I'm not sure Gaethjes defensive wrestling is great. Having D1 credentials is different than being a good MMA grappler. I bet Khabib can take him down.

Yeah once the threat of the takedown is noticed the conviction in Gaethje will be much harder.. Khabib can take DC and Rockhold down can't see Gaethje posing much threat, it's all ridiculous technique innit not just strength.

I'm not sure Gaethjes defensive wrestling is great. Having D1 credentials is different than being a good MMA grappler. I bet Khabib can take him down.
It’s something we’ll have to see. Just throwing it out there for discussion.

Yeah once the threat of the takedown is noticed the conviction in Gaethje will be much harder.. Khabib can take DC and Rockhold down can't see Gaethje posing much threat, it's all ridiculous technique innit not just strength.
Khabib couldn’t take Tiibau down, that’s what made me wonder about Gaethje’s chances.

LMAO at D1 wrestling

That's like YMCA basketball credentials challenging Michael Jordan

Khabib will take him down with ease.

I watched the Tibau/khabib fight with a prompt from another post. Khabib couldn’t take him down and had to resort to a lot of boxing. Close fight.
Gaethje has world class defensive wrestling to shut down Khabib on the ground. If Gaethje can keep it on the feet, khabib will still use his boxing to set up the TD. I’m thinking Gaethje catches him then on the feet. KO Gaethje. Just an observation and let’s keep this thread clean.

Gaethje isn't the same fighter he was before. It's obvious that Khabib will be desperate to take him down so Gaethje will keep the fight standing and expose Khabib's striking and then ko him

Another Khabib fight another "catches him coming in" thread

Khabib couldn’t take Tiibau down, that’s what made me wonder about Gaethje’s chances.

It's a fair point, was 8 years ago though, Gleison looked freakishly massive in that fight after winning his last 3, most recent fight prior a win against RDA. It was Khabib's 2nd fight in America and the UFC. He was 23 against a really well established and seasoned UFC fighter by then. Pre his learning of western wrestling at AKA.. And he still only loses a decision in a 3 round fight if you score it that way.
Arguably that fight despite potentially seeing it as a loss kind of makes Khabib look even better in a way imo.

Tibau fight was 8 years ago... and only the second Khabib fight in an octagon

Gaethje was dominated on the ground by a BJJ guy 7 years ago

Do you think Justin is a strong as Tibau brother? ... I don't think he is. Tibau is huge and was all roided up throughout his entire professional career.

Tibau fight was 8 years ago... and only the second Khabib fight in an octagon

That was cobb's 28th pro fight.

Justin? his 9th pro fight. He was a pro for less than 2 years at that point.

And Justin finished him in the 3rd round with leg kicks...

Another "Don't sleep on Gaethje's wrestling credentials" thread and the fight hasn't even been announced yet

200.gif

Ahhh finally someone that we think can beat Khabib. We haven’t had one since, I don’t know, Porier, Conor, Al, Barboza...

1. You're a stupid person.
2. Tibau was in his prime (roid-loaded) facing a green Khabib.
3. Tibau outweighed Khabib 15-20 lb at fight time.

4. Justin is a fat-fuck who's much smaller than Khabib.
5. Today's Khabib is an order of magnitude better than the greenhorn who faced Tibau.
6. Justin does not have the strenght, or stamina, to go mano-a-mano with Khabib for 5 rounds.

CONCLUSION: After an exciting 1-2 rounds, a totally-exhausted (and out-manned) Justing Gaethje gets pummeled/stopped by Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Do you think Justin is a strong as Tibau brother? ... I don't think he is. Tibau is huge and was all roided up throughout his entire professional career.
You make a good point but I feel like Gaethje is gorilla strong too and has the credentials to at least entertain the idea. Like I said, there’s a lot of discussion to be had in the fight. Both have paths to victory.

Years ago

Justin also couldn't knock out dustin or eddie

I would only judge them on their recent fights, as both have improved

Tibau is a cheat and was roided to the gills and he still lost to a young Khabib we haven't seen enough of Justin's wrestling in MMA.

All we have right now is Justin's own words when he says he doesn't wrestle because it makes him tired.

Good luck with that against Khabib.

So having someones back for 2 mins of an entire fight is being dominated? Justin dominated all of that fight except for those 2 minutes...terrible comparison LOL. But I do agree that no one can use the Gibson fight as a weakness for so many reasons...younger fighter in Khabib, Tibau was likely juiced as fuck and underrated...etc etc.

Back