Gears 5, Anyone?

I know Gears 4 wasn't as good at characters or story but it played well and was polished. So far Gears 5 feels so mailed in. Character models look like nothing special.

I almost had a heart attack in arcade. Legit thought they changed the MP to some CSgo shit. Not like it matters tho. I see the scrubby lancer spray meta from early gears 4 is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad that it's actually good.
Shame I won't be able to play this one. It's one of the few MS exclusives that I actually give a fuck about.

Looks awesome will probably try it after I get done with the Ghost Recon Breakpoint beta.

The game is 100 gigs again, eh. Sheesh. I've got room for that, but not by a whole lot. There's basically no way that I could keep this game and Doom on the same SSD. Definitely gonna have to get at least a terabyte SSD next time.

The game is 100 gigs again, eh. Sheesh. I've got room for that, but not by a whole lot. There's basically no way that I could keep this game and Doom on the same SSD. Definitely gonna have to get at least a terabyte SSD next time.

Shows 58 gigs for me.

Lancer definitely seems overpowered, but so far I’m not digging most of these maps, Bunker has three grenade launchers on it.

Shows 58 gigs for me.

Lancer definitely seems overpowered, but so far I’m not digging most of these maps, Bunker has three grenade launchers on it.
I was using the specs listed on PC gamer. Steam says 80 on the store page, but that might just be during installation. 60 isn't so bad.

Way too much lancer/ranged spam. More camping than I've ever seen in a gears game. Not digging the maps much at all. Cherry brigand is sad.

And don't get me started on the monetization. Eff you coalition. It's actually worse than 4 and I didn't think that was possible.

Enjoying the campaign so far. The parts with Kait remind me of Dead Space 3 when you play as the other guy during co-op. The open world skiff level is a nice change of pace, imo.

Haven't touched Versus yet, but Escape is fun though I can see it getting repetitive.

Uh, I kinda like the campaign so far and Versus seems fun, though I'm just a scrub who mostly plays against the bots haha. I still have to try the new Horde mode. Escape is hella fun though.

I don't get the Tour Of Duty shit and progression system at all, what a convoluted, COD type mess of pointless "SEE YOUR REWARDSSSSS" nonsense. Also, wtf is up with tying abilities to specific chars and then not allowing duplicate players in a match? My god, that is some grade A dumb shit.

Overall I'm liking it, but it's not amazing either.

ill wait for it to come out on humble bundle

Game is awesome in Co Op campaign. My buddy and I have been playing the past few days. Were on the last chapter of Act 1. My buddys been playing as Jack the robot the WHOLE time, lol.
My only complaint is that one cant play with the Batista Skin till 9/15.

I almost had a heart attack in arcade. Legit thought they changed the MP to some CSgo shit. Not like it matters tho. I see the scrubby lancer spray meta from early gears 4 is back
Youre telling me. The past few nights I was trashed playing it. Thought i was gonna have an heart attack too. Some of those scenes and combat are off the top. My buddy and I are just glad to make it out...lol

Enjoying the campaign so far. The parts with Kait remind me of Dead Space 3 when you play as the other guy during co-op. The open world skiff level is a nice change of pace, imo.

Haven't touched Versus yet, but Escape is fun though I can see it getting repetitive.

Thanks, this is what I needed to hear. After finishing GOW 4, I need to find out if...

Kait becomes the new Queen Myrrah.

Thanks, this is what I needed to hear. After finishing GOW 4, I need to find out if...

Kait becomes the new Queen Myrrah.

You wont be disappointed. What they did with Kait in the first chapter of Act 2 really blew me away. Ive played Gears since the beginning and read all the novels and that moment with Kait quickly became one of my favorite experiences in the franchise.

Last edited:
Back