Gen Z don't want blue collar work

well yeah, because the astronomical tuition fees that then get filtered into catastrophic student loan plans by predatory bank corps taking advantage of teenagers is fucking dumb & shitty.
Yeah, we should just raise taxes to pay for that, right?
<36>

it shouldn’t be. this line of thinking is fucking stupid.
I did'nt said its as it should be, i said it is like that

It being unfair does'nt become fair making everybody else pay for it, specially if done as political gimmick to buy votes
And even worse if done retroactively, who took that decision of "invest" knowing the price should take his own responsibility like anybody else that accept to go into huge debt

If you're a young American the process to becoming successful is the same as it ever was.

1) move to a semi-dense area, suburbs around a major city, a "nicer" city preferably

2) make work just what you do, 12-16 hours a day every day. It can be anything, in fact it doesn't matter what it is if you just accept that you are a worker and this is what you do for this time of your life.

3) don't spend. Live as cheap and simply as possible, ideally away from people that are not aligned with your lifestyle.

4) be militant about investing everything you can in something passive. 7-9% per year, no extra work, safe.

4-6 years and the average young person can have enough behind them to do just about anything they want.

Gen Z prob ranks highest in ratio of clogged toilets to plumbers

Blue collar jobs tend to pay much better and it’s less competitive
It would depend a lot on what you consider "blue collar", there's a very strong bluring with service industry.

Is working an am Amazon warehouse Blue Collar? I suspect that kind of job is actually far more common these days and is both badly paid and very competitive.

It would depend a lot on what you consider "blue collar", there's a very strong bluring with service industry.

Is working an am Amazon warehouse Blue Collar? I suspect that kind of job is actually far more common these days and is both badly paid and very competitive.

I think when people talk about well paid blue collar jobs, they tend to think about skilled trades with union and such. I am not familiar with the qualification needed for amazon warehouse, but I am guessing if the pay is horrible and competitive, it usually means you don't need much.

Not really a thing here in Australia, tradie culture is even kind of celebrated.

You can earn very good money (like starting on 6 figures) labouring in the mining and FIFO environment even without a trade basically straight out of school

I think when people talk about well paid blue collar jobs, they tend to think about skilled trades with union and such. I am not familiar with the qualification needed for amazon warehouse, but I am guessing if the pay is horrible and competitive, it usually means you don't need much.
Really isn't blue collar essentially "manual work"? more of such work was skilled unionised labour in the past than it is today.

Really isn't blue collar essentially "manual work"? more of such work was skilled unionised labour in the past than it is today.

I agree with your definition of blue collar work. I was simply clarifying what other people meant when they say good paying blue collar work.

Who cares? Blue collar work will just get higher wages and be more sought after.

There is no shortage of blue collar workers where i live though it pays pretty well especially if the work is labouring.

Back